Monday, October 16, 2017

Autumn Blessings

Hi All!

Since I don't make a lot of Halloween or Thanksgiving cards anymore and I still want to keep in touch with friends I love the idea of fall cards. They can be mailed from September to November here in the northern hemisphere and its not so much pressure to meet a calendar deadline.

My friend Greta sent me these coverplate cutouts and I added some brown glittery embossing powder to make a nice frame.  The under panel was sponged with some ranger inks.  I added a brown ink over all the colors to give it a more autumnal feel--left alone the colors were too bright.




Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a unique card! I like the brown glittery embossing powder. The leaf motif works perfectly for fall!

Betty said...

wonderful colors - love the pale pinks and yellows with the browns - really a pretty fall card, Cat!

Jean said...

Great use of the cover plate for a fun autumn card!

Greta said...

Oh so pretty, Cat! Great idea to soften the colors with a little brown! The sentiment is SSS, so you can enter SSS Flickr if you haven't already. PS: Will get the stencil to you soon.

Anita in France said...

All that rich shimmer is fabulous, Cat ... the soft colours in the leaves just glow against it ... so pretty! Hugs, Anita :)