Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Time Time time


   

I actually missed the challenge date...somehow I did not look at the date that the challenge closed. It was for the Nov 1 Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge which closed the 10th. I made the card the 11th.

The inspiration photo has lovely bright colors- purple, blue and a yellow. I also liked that wood plank wall and the bits of old metal on the drawer and the lamp. I wish I had put the idea in my head to paper before the challenge closed, though.  Still, I love the card so I am sharing it with you.

It took several tries to get that watercolor panel the way I wanted it. I chose to put the blue in the middle as it blended well with both the purple and the yellow.  Purple does not blend well with yellow---it makes brown, I have pretty trash to prove it.

I am still going to post the card and it will go in my stash. I have several birthdays coming up in the next month.


Have a wonderful day!

Supplies:
Lawn Fawn - Stitched Party Banners
Koi Watercolors
Mama Elephant - Make a Wish Stamp Set
Canson 140lb cold press watercolor paper
American Crafts - Base Coat 6.5x6.5 Pad
Versa Mark Ink, White Hero Arts Embossing Powder
Stampin Up - Antique Brads

2 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Oh, honey, I miss more deadlines than I make with challenges. It's still a great card, and I'm happy you posted it!

PS: Colors can be real pills with attempted blending. ;/

Greta said...

Beautiful water color tag, Cat!