Friday, November 7, 2014

Be Joyful

Hi I don't seem to be able to keep up with homework...probably because I have that Simon Says Stamp Falling snow stencil in my head...not in my stash.  I was going to order it last year but didn't. Now I just seem to want falling snow on my cards.   I ordered it Monday in the wee hours and it arrived today!


First up is my Day 4 homework, a one layer card.  I followed Jennifer McGuire's example.

I used a circle die from My Favorite things, and a Tree die from Hero Arts that had a matching stamp.  After making my die cuts, I stamped the tree, and the sentiment.  Next opening the card, I created a blue sky with  Salty Ocean Distress Ink, and added some lovely falling snow with embossing paste and some Distress Glitter in Rock Candy.  I loved making this card, and I anticipate making 2 or three more from my holiday card stash.



Next up is day 5 homework, some tags.  I rarely make tags, so this was definitely an exercise.  My simple tag is simply a cut out with some patterned paper sandwiched between two tag die cuts.   My second tag is a shaker tag, on reflection, it probably would be better with a colored background for the shaker bits.  I filled it with glass glitter in clear, silver micro-beads, and a few small sequins. The stamps were from Stampin Up and Simon Says Stamps.  The die cut is from Hero Arts, and the twine is Lawn Fawn.

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Homework? I haven't even started yet! I love your card - it's beautiful!

Lin said...

Love that first card, Cat! And I am of the same mind this year with putting snow on everything.......maybe we will be singing another tune when we actually get the real stuff? We've had the s word used here throughout the last week in our weather forecasts but it hasn't shown itself yet......getting colder every day, though!

Greta said...

Hi Cat--Glad you were able to get the stencil this year. It made me break my spending freeze, but it's worth it--LOL! Love your homework--A student! Don't forget the challenge at a2z is Anything Goes with a Hero Arts stamp. Enjoy your weekend!

Betty said...

wonderful card and tags - love them all Cat!!

Becca Cruger said...

These are awesomeness!!! It's so bright and fresh and merry! I can see why you'd want to make more!

Barb Ghig said...

You did an amazing job on these techniques, Cat! I'm so glad you finally got the stencil...the snow looks really beautiful on your card! Love your charming tags, too!

Darnell said...

Your circle aperture card is fantastic, Cat! I love that sweet snowy scene you created! And your shaker tags? Brilliant! I'm not a tag person either, but the thought of making them into fun little shakers has started my creative juices pumping!! Thank you! Hugs, Darnell

Cindy C. said...

Hi Cat your card and tags featuring that cute Christmas tree are so wonderful!
Btw thanks for visiting my blog. I cut the wine cork with a sharp carving knife. It was easier that I thought (as long as I cut it cross wise). :)

Jean said...

Wow, wow, wow!! I am so impressed - definitely inspired to do this lesson!