Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Friends make the world a better place

Greetings, finally I am getting a bit of time to work on some challenge cards.  Today's card is made for two challenges.  The design and photo inspiration are from Muse#83, and I have used several new to my stash items, the two butterfly dies, the stamp set, and I am trying those offset geometric panels for the first time and for that I am entering this the Die Cut Diva's September Challenge New Things.


First I cut the butterfly background from watercolor paper (Canson), I wet it down and lightly tapped some water off.  Then I smoohsed ink from Distress Ink pads (picked raspberry and barn door) on my craft sheet and added them to the butterfly base with a paint brush. Next the black outline butterfly was cut.

While everything was drying I cut the two panels, and embossed the white one with a Lifestyle embossing folder (Springtime set of 2). I then layerd them to the card base (Stampin Up-Strawberry Slush). Lastly, I heat embossed on vellum the sentiment from Jillybean Soup (handwritten sentiments) using Versafine Onyx Black ink and clear embossing powder. I adhered this to the front panels with tiny bits of tombow glue behind the big letters.

Lastly two pearls were colored black with a sharpie and the butterfly was assembled and attached to the card with 1/8 inch foam dots.

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Greta said...

Boy did you make good use of your new goodies, Cat! This is absolutely fabulous--love the black lacy butterfly on top of the beautifully watercolored paper!

Lin said...

Beautifully done, Cat! Love that embossed panel!

joy said...

Cat, this is SO gorgeous! I love the contrast and the vellum; and also the font of the sentiment. Great job with this one.

Arlene said...

Beautiful, feminine, just lovely.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Jen W. said...

Love the embossed panel and that big sentiment is fabulous!

Monica Maier said...

Such a pretty card Cat! love the butterfly and embossing!

Ardyth said...

Love the 'reversal' of the colours! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Super lovely, love the touch of embossing too! WOW SUper lovely card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome take! Love the black on top of the bfly -- Fabulous card

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous card!

Barb Ghig said...

Gosh, I've really gotten behind on your blog...I apologize!
Another really beautiful card, Cat! I love your butterfly, and the embossed panel is so pretty! Loving the sentiment you chose for this card, too...it looks fabulous on vellum!