Monday, September 22, 2014

Back to basics

Last Saturday I participated in one of my beloved Hero Arts scrambles at the Hero Arts Flickr group.  There is something invigorating to be given instructions, then 90 minutes to complete your project, photograph it and upload it to the group.

Cindy's theme was to go back to basics...no embossing of any kind, no die cuts  keep it simple to our card making beginnings. All stamps are from Hero Arts.



I stamped the Roses from the Pattern Hearts and flowers, then colored them. I fussy cut them out. Next I stamped Number Patterns in Soft Sand on a Hero Arts Card base in a similar color. The effect is very subtle. 

The sentiment from Many Birthday Messages was stamped in Stazon Black on top of vellum (this was my second attempt at the vellum layer. The first one was white Unicorn pigment ink by Hero Arts...I smeared it adding the pearls...a groan...some bad words...and I started the vellum layer over.)  

The roses and some pearls were added to the vellum overlay.These are Martha Stewart pearls and some gems from Hero Arts...Those MS pearls seem awfully big now a days, so I tucked them behind my fussy cut rose panel.

Try a scramble...another is coming up in two weeks.  Check the hero arts Flickr discussion boards for times.
Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

This is truly lovely! It's so delicate and elegant. Thanks for sharing!

Leslie Hanna said...

I love the idea of Back to Basics! You just might see that one come around again on another challenge blog. :)

Barb Ghig said...

Swoon...oh, I just love this card, Cat! Your flowers are so pretty! Beautiful coloring, and I love how you stamped the background in a soft, subtle tone-on-tone color! You did such a great job in such a short time...awesome work!

Jean said...

Gorgeous card! The vellum is a fabulous touch.

Greta said...

Your card was probably my favorite, Cat--truly gorgeous!

Martha said...

Cat, this is SO pretty!
I love the flowers.

Chark said...

I love these flowers! And I smeared my unicorn ink on black paper. guess I should've heat set it or something.