Tuesday, September 29, 2026

09-29-26

 Greetings.

I have been away for a while.  My MIL, was hospitalized and passed all in the course of a week. Its been rough. She was the nicest person ever.  I had such a treasure of an MIL.  When hubs and I first dated she and I became penpals sending letters back and forth and became friends.  I am glad she was in my life the last 22 years.

Today is hubs birthday.  His mom had bought his birthday card but hadn't sent it out yet.  His sister found it and brought it by.  I am thankful that he has that card even though its not signed.  

Needless to say, I had not gotten his card made in the last week or so, so I sat down this afternoon to get it made.  I used his favorite color green, and of course a cat.  He like simple cards so he should like this one.

I stamped the sentiment on the balloon and skipped any sort of grounding after all its filled with helium right?

Thanks for stopping by.  I will probably be away for a while longer, services are Saturday. 

 

13 comments:

Jean said...

Thinking of you and your family, Cat. Your birthday card is lovely.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Cat! My heart breaks for you! Your loss sounds so sudden. I'm really sorry! You have made a darling birthday card for your husband and I know it gave him a smile.

Loll said...

Hi Cat. I'm so sorry for the loss of your MIL. I know that it is a difficult time, but it's good that your hubby celebrates his birthday with the cake his mom bought him. And what a lovely and fun card you made him. xx

Lisa Elton said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Cat. You and your family will be in my prayers. I think your guy will like his cute CAS birthday card.

Darnell said...

I'm so sorry to hear your beloved MIL passed away so suddenly, Cat. Your post was a beautiful tribute to her and your friendship. And your sweet kitty riding his helium balloon sets just the right tone for hubby's birthday this year. Lots of love and hugs, Darnell

TK said...

What a wonderful card, Cat! Your hubs will love it, and hopefully bring a smile to heavy days. I'm so sorry for your loss, especially for your hubs, but I'm positive she was a blessing for the two of you. Take time to heal and be there for your hubs, we'll be here when you return.

papierelle said...

A beautiful and cute CAS card!!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oh no, so sorry for your sudden loss, Cat - my sympathies! Love your sweet kitty card for hubs too - birthday wishes as well as sympathy for him... Big hugs!

Marcia Hill said...

CAS and just right for someone who loves green and kitties! Sweet, sweet card Cat and I'm sure hubs will love it! Sending warm hugs and prayers on the passing of your dear MIL...I was lucky enough to have a wonderful MIL too! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

Cat, I am so sorry to hear about your MIL - you've always spoken of her with such love. Please give your husband an extra hug from me?
I'm thinking he appreciated this year's birthday cards more than others considering his loss.
LOve the embossing, scalloped frame, and sweet balloon delivery service. x
M

HilaryJane said...

What a sad time for you, but I am glad to hear that she was such a good friend to you. It is a shame for your hubs that it happened so close to his birthday. Your card is a delight xx

Jeanne H said...

Sincere sympathy to you and your family. Your card is adorable.

Bonnie said...

So cute, Cat! Happy Birthday to your hubs!