Saturday, July 4, 2026

07-04-26

 Hello and Happy 250th to the United States.  

I remember the 200th birthday, times were easier, and simpler.  Its not just that I am 50 years older...humanity has changed sadly.

On to the celebrating:

I had the stamp set for this stencil and wish I would have looked closer at it.  I could have stamped all the blue fields with white stars...instead I stenciled versamark and added white embossing powder over the blue fields through the stencil. Next year...lol. I make less than a handful of 4th cards as I am usually not on the ball enough to make more.

For those celebrating...enjoy and stay safe. 

10 comments:

Jean said...

This looks fantastic! Well done on the stenciling.

Lisa Elton said...

I remember 200 too, Cat! Happy 4th to you and you family, cute card!

HilaryJane said...

It's lovely. despite what is going on it is important to see the positive in things. Hope you enjoy the day (just don't look at the news!) xx

TK said...

Cute card! Love the patriotic theme, but I don't make any - lol. You are spon on about society though, very sad. Happy 4th, Cat!

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful 4th of July card, Cat! Love each and every one of these stencils! I hope you are having a good celebration!

Jeanne H in MN said...

Your USA celebration card is wonderful.

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, yes, the Bicentennial. My son was a year old. A country always has some sort of upheaval going on, but there was a different vibe then. 'Nuff said 'cause you know what I mean. Your patriotic postage looks fabulous. You might as well start on that next card with the stamps. It's been a while since I made a 4th of July card. I suppose this would have been a good year to make some.

Marcia Hill said...

I too remember 50 years ago, and yes, life was simpler then and people a lot nicer! Glad I have my stamping friends that are so much better at being kind!! Your embossed white stars turned out beautifully Cat and I'm loving all the patriotic images...Happy 4th!! Hugs. :0)

Greta said...

I remember the 200th, too. Can't say I celebrated this time around, although I'm glad for the advantages I had growing up white middle class in this country. Delightful card!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fun 4th of July postage collage, Cat - hope you had a great holiday!! I'm so behind on blog commenting but am catching up :-)