Hello -
Today is a perfect weather day...72 degrees with a slight breeze...reminds me of San Diego. I do love the four seasons here in Ohio so I am enjoying each one.
This spellbinders Sunflower die has made it into my stash thanks to that wallet loosener Michele. IF only her cards were not just absolutely brilliant; I would have more money in my wallet...lol. She's not the only crafty friend whose work has loosened my purse-strings. More on that in future posts.
This card is visiting Fourseasons - Summer. The upper left grid with its abundance of blooms and the pinks and yellows inspired this card. Since the die is new, I'll be sending this over to Darnell's NBUS - Mutual Apppreciation challenge.
I cut 6 flowers of each color, and 6 centers, then 3 of each color of the center frame. At first I was going t make the blooms one color with double petal layers...but after playing around I liked the two shades on each bloom. With two opens spots I popped in just two centers to take a bit of that white away. The sentiment is black foiled sentiment also from Spellbinders. I added a soft pink panel on the interior as well. Its a difficult to photograph card, but this photo was the best of a handful.
Thanks much for visiting.

14 comments:
That made me smile, because I used the exact same die for a card yesterday, too. I really like your idea and design, and I love the result.
Had to chuckle at your wallet loosener Michele comment Cat...she's loosened my wallet many, many times too! These sunflower dies are so fun to play with (yes, I have them too!) and I love how you did your card with just the two colors and mixed and matched them! Beautifully done my friend!! Hugs. :0)
It's a gorgeous card, I too have this die but have yet to use it, what is wrong with me LOL!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
The Four Seasons Co-Owner
Absolutely stunning. Wonderful colors.
Oh, Cat! We do enable each other, but I do not regret even one time - I count on many of you to 'test drive' things that are on my radar!
I ADORE your pink and yellow blooms and the arrangement, too!
Would you love to receive that bouquet?? I know I sure would!
=]
Wonderful card! I like Michele's too. Wonder where my daisy is...
Love your card. Did you live in San Diego? I used to.
Gosh, yes, Michele and a whole lot of others. I'm very susceptible, as if I need the push. I just came from the SSS new release... 'nuff said about that! I've long admired this sunflower die and I love what you did with it in the two colors. Those centers make good fillers. They're rather cute little fun flowers all on their own!
Just love the two colors of petals and how the flowers cover the card, Cat - gorgeous!!
And the enabling continues! Like Michele, you have really showcased this magnificent sunflower brilliantly, Cat! I love the colors and the way you layered them! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell
I love the two toned sunflowers, Cat! Such sweet shades of pink and yellow and that layout is amazing! I envy that weather!
Hee hee, I had to giggle at the Michele enabling... been there! This is just fabulous Cat, what pretty colors!
Stunning! Really love the 2 color blooms and everything about this card!
So pretty! Love your two-toned sunflowers, Cat! Michele has enabled me a lot as well and I also bought this die. :) xx
Post a Comment