Friday, March 22, 2024

03-22-24

 Hello-

Hubs and I got out of the house before noon yesterday to go see some cherry trees...but before that I had a play with Simply Zinnia, a new Stampin Up set.  I love that Zinnia's are pretty much a single color - meaning that shading isn't a must.

ETA- I forgot to time my card, so I have removed it from the challenge.  I'll try another card.

We found a new place to view the Cherry Trees (which peaked last week along the tidal basin). Its usually so crowded with slow moving traffic, so we headed out to Hains Point in East Potomac Park just a short distance away from the tidal basin.  Afterwards we drove to the National Arboretum to look at more flowers and trees. My favorite Magnolia tree is there.


 


This is along Ohio Drive through East Potomac Park.


 
 
 
 
The magnolia in the largest square is my favorite tree in the Arboretum. I just love those yellow blooms. Prior to visiting here, I had only seen white and pink magnolia blooms. This variety is called Ivory, but it is a lovely shade of yellow.

Tonight and tomorrow promise rain, so I am glad we got out to see the blooms.  We usually go on my birthday, but I don't think they'll be holding out til next week.

Thanks much for stopping by.

 

15 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

You picked a pretty color for your zinnias, Cat! Your card is wonderful. Thanks for sharing the pretty photos. So happy you got to see the blossoms before the rain!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous shading on your zinnias, Cat - love them! And ooo, love the cherry blossoms & magnolias too!! Thanks for sharing the video and photos!!

Marcia Hill said...

Your Zinia card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL Cat and so are all the photographs of the blooms! Lucky you that you have Spring when it is Spring...we had over half a foot of snow yesterday! Grrrrr!!! The sun is out today though, so I'm hoping some of it will melt, although it's still only 29 degrees out! Your birthday card is on its way and I hope you have a wonderful day on Tuesday!! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

gosh, it has been so many years since I've seen those Cherry Blossoms, Cat - thanks so much for sharing your tour! I have never seen these yellow/ivory Magnolias either -SO gorgeous!
OH, lest I forget why I came here...I think your Zinnia's and this wonderful sentiment is beautiful, too!
=]

HilaryJane said...

Oh wow, those flowers and blossom are truly amazing. How lucky you are to have all that within driving distance. Thanks so much for sharing the pictures. Simply stunning. Of course, your card is stunning too, love the bold red and white xx

Jeanne H said...

Lovely coloring of the zinnias. I too thank you for posting the flowering trees.They don't have them where I live but we have lilacs.

Jean said...

What a special outing - your weather looks lovely, too. The zinnias look spectacular on that scalloped frame/mat.

Jan Clothier said...

Beautiful use of the Zinnia stamp set. The flowers and trees you visited look fantastic. The use of the scalloped die for the panel adds a touch of elegance. Thanks for sharing with us for our Speed Stamping challenge. Could you please let us know your time?

TK said...

Beautiful card, your color is perfect and stately for your card.
Glad you enjoyed the drive, and it's perfect to see all the beautiful trees, enjoying the day and taking in all that glory

Leslie Miller said...

Zinnias have such richly colored velvety blooms and you brought that out beautifully in yours. I love the color you chose. Thank you so much for the tour and the pictures! I would have to drive a fair distance to see anything so pretty. We went out yesterday and it was cold and breezy, everything wet from the morning rain. We stopped at a poor excuse for a dog park where Sophie found the only mud puddle. Well, 'nuff said about that.

Bonnie said...

Spring is such a beautiful season! Thanks for sharing your views with us, Cat! And I LOVE your zinnias! You have added shading beautifully!

papierelle said...

Your card is so beautiful!!!! And thank you so much for the impressions. This is stunning!!!

Loll said...

Your Zinnia are so pretty ... what a lovely gratitude card, Cat! Your cherry blossom trees are gorgeous. We have a lot here with some streets lined, but not as long as the street you show in your video. It is truly breathtaking! HB tomorrow! Card is in the mail. :) xx

Greta said...

Beautiful coloring of the zinnias and I love seeing your blossoming tree pictures and the video! The cherry blossoms on our street have just started showing some pink, so should be beautiful very soon. I love them in bloom, but could do without the horrible mess they make when they fall where Fritz and I walk--haha!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this card Cat but I'm also in love with all the beautiful flowers you shared, thank you!