Friday, March 15, 2024

03-15-24

Hi,

Oh its time for some of the hardest cards to make...those darn man cards.  I love making the girly flowery cards, but it is my luck to have a lot of men on my birthday list...hubs, nephews, brother's-in-law, father's-in-law, my Dad, my Godson, a few friends from work and that adds up to TWENTY man cards a year. Yikes.

I have found that nature is the easiest way for me to overcome this challenge.  Stampin Up has a lot of nature stamps that work well for man cards.  Both of these cards feature the set Waterfront.  

I stamped the mountain, sand, and water twice to make it across the card front.  Added a gold embossed sentiment from Ellen Hutson.


This one has the stamps stamped once, then cut with an oval. I added the Honey Bee lovely layers rod and reel to the card over a backround stamp of Stacked Stone(SU) and a piece of vellum. The Happy Birthday oval covers a badly stamped sentiment, but I like the "new and improved" lol  look. Gotta save a card when you can.

So I've made 4 man cards this year of the 20 I need. Fortunately my last two April birthdays are gonna be girly cards.

Thanks much for visiting.


12 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two wonderful nature scenes, Cat - perfect for any outdoor lover! Especially love the stone vellum with the fishing items - would work for a guy friend of mine :)

Marcia Hill said...

Cat, these are both AWESOME and I'm a little jealous...I totally struggle with those man cards! Yours are both perfect for a guy and I think I would just set up an assembly line and make 20 more...then you'd be all set for the rest of the year! I know, I know...I'm lazy!! But anyway, you really outdid yourself with both of these cards...love them both!! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

Cat, these are stunning! They have a 'water colored' look to them which would be loved by any gender, but your mountain views are really wonderful. LOve that rod and reel and the fabulous, stacked stone - I have just received an ef from Altenew that might just have the same stones!
Two phenomenal creations, my friend!
=]

Jean said...

Both are wonderful masculine cards with great colors and motifs!

Lisa Elton said...

I see no sign of a struggle here, Cat, you nailed both of these masculine cards! I love the painted look they have!

TK said...

You might think you struggle, but I see great success in these masculine cards! I love the scene and how you changed them up

Loll said...

Two Awesome cards Cat!! I have that set and think I've only used it once. Wow, these are so beautiful ... and perfect masculine cards. Great work!! xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Cat they are the most difficult cards to make. Like you I like girly cards--LOL! The cards you made are so fantastic! Love both of them and the men will too!
P.S. You asked about the rock on my seagull card, I don't have it it was borrowed when crafting with a friend, but I'm pretty sure it is from one of the MFT mermaid sets!

Leslie Miller said...

Yup, I always go for nature or humor. These are absolutely beautiful. Love the watercolor effect of these stamps. The stone background is very cool, and the softening with the vellum is nice. I really love the rod and fish and the way it winds behind the image panel. These cards make me long to get out there. Yesterday was 73 degrees and we took Sophie to the bay and adjoining woodlands for her first outing since her spay surgery. It was wonderful!

Bonnie said...

I find scenes difficult to stamp but you've mastered it, Cat! I love both scenes! I have one (or two) of these stamp sets and must give this a try! Great layouts and the stacked sentiment works great!

HilaryJane said...

We all feel your pain re make cards, but these are 2 great examples well done. Perhaps you should just make multiples xx

Greta said...

Would never know you struggle with man cards, Cat! I always love yours and these 2 are no exception!