Sunday, February 18, 2024

02-18-2024

 Hello-

Today I did something I have not for 8 months or so.  Had a face-time crafty session with Peggy.  Beginning last summer family visits for her and traveling for us along with her early bird morning awake time and my crazy sleep schedule resulted in no times where both of us were up for a crafty session at the same time. 

Although we speak often, there has been no crafting together for a long time and it felt great to get at it again today.

My card is without a sentiment, because it lends itself to many and I can add it when I send it.  I made 6, two with thank yous that are already in their envies awaiting mailing - but I forgot to photograph them before sealing em up!!

The inspiration for the card were the colors in the mood board at Just us Girls.


The papers, dies and stamp set come from Stampin Up.

Thanks much for visiting.

14 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

You captured the moodboard beautifully, Cat - just love your delicate sprigs atop the kraft!

Jean said...

How wonderful to have that crafty friend time and the results are stunning!

TK said...

I love the inspiration photos, and you've used them beautifully! The card is definitely versatile, so good to hold the sentiments until the need. Ironically this layout very similar to one I made but can't post until Sunday!

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely beautiful Cat! I just ordered this dsp and can't wait to play with it...lots of ideas floating around in my head!! Hugs. :0)

HilaryJane said...

How nice that you finally came together. I am glad it was productive too. Your card is beautiful xx

I Card Everyone said...

Cat, this is such a gorgeous specimen! LOve your use of kraft here - are those designer papers?? SOOO pretty!
I'm so glad you and Peggy synchronized your watches for a facetime playtime - 8 months is far too long!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

You're a girl after my own heart playing with these pretty papers. I've been having a prolonged session with my papers as well. Well done making 6 cards, and so beautiful! I'm glad you got together with Peggy finally. I know how difficult it can be to coordinate a time.

Lisa Elton said...

Crafty time with friends is always a fun time! Pretty card that could be used for a multitude of occasions, Cat. So happy you joined us at Just Us Girls!

Loll said...

Beautiful design and I love the colours and papers you've used. So much amazing texture too. Great work Cat!! Always fun to have a crafting session with a friend! xx

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful! I love the soft background layers and your pretty florals. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

papierelle said...

A very nice implementation of the color specifications and a card that suits many occasions.

Greta said...

WOW--a favorite Cat card! You make the most beautiful cards with your Stampin Up products! How great you could enjoy crafting with your friend again. I'm not part of the face time or zoom world, but I know it bridges distance for many people.

Carol said...

Wow! You took the colors in a totally different direction and it resulted in this textured and lovely card!Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls!

Darnell said...

Yay for face-to-face crafty time with friends, Cat, especially when it is this fun and productive! Love this one! Excellent take on the mood board and lots of texture! Hugs, Darnell