Monday, November 20, 2023

11-20-23

Another day...another card or two.  Hi there, I'm washing towels today along with a bit of cardmaking. Is Monday a popular laundry day for those not working a M-F work schedule?  I remember when I used to go the the laundry mat years ago Monday's were the busiest day.

On to a more fun topic... I am still working away on those Christmas cards.  This one is a bit more elaborate than I typically go just due to sheer volume of cards made.  But it was another one of those ideas in my head...

Its a kind of lattice card. The criss-cross pieces fold over a piece of poinsettia flocked vellum which was adhered to a blank card panel. I cut the poinsettia from wrapping paper adhered to another card panel and the sentiment is a pre-made piece from Pinkfresh.  With some practice I might get those pieces even...but then again I like quirky. 

This will visit the As You See it gallery.  They have a lovely Christmas theme and moodboard.

challenge #312 

 

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit.


17 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my, it was a beautiful idea in your head! Very creative design and I love the flocked vellum for the poinsettia. Just gorgeous, Cat! Most every day is laundry day at my house, but maybe only a load a day and not always a large load. Smallish house, small laundry room... I can't let it pile up.

Jan Clothier said...

What a pretty design! The poinsettia is a great focal point and the lattice is just a stunner. And yes, Monday is my big laundry day too. :-) Thanks for joining us at As You See It.

HilaryJane said...

That's a very clever idea. You have pulled it off beautifully and I like that they are not even xx

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Cat the lattice die with the flocked paper behind is so pretty and the red poinsettia makes a stunning focal point. Thanks for sharing with us over at As You See It this week!

Jean said...

What a special design - I like the way the poinsettia pattern is repeated in the background.

papierelle said...

Wow, a really interesting design!!! Love it!!

TK said...

Fun idea come to fruition, Cat! Love the criss cross design with subtle behind and pretty image out front

Loll said...

Beautiful design with an architectural edge, Cat! The overlapped strips look fabulous over your flocked vellum background. The beautiful Christmas wrapping paper makes a gorgeous poinsettia that just pops off the background. xx

Jeanne H said...

An excellant use of scraps, a super card today.

Heather said...

What a fun idea - love the woven strips! This would be so fun for scraps, too, but I love the clean layout for the holidays! Wow! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It! (Mondays are my errand day - groceries, bank, gas station - I'm such a creature of habit, lol.)

Bonnie said...

Love this fancy cut that shows a pretty background and a gorgeous red poinsettia!

I Card Everyone said...

Monday is laundry day for me - but I manage to get into a little fun between loads.
Your woven X is lovely - as is this wonderful, flocked vellum and gorgeous Poinsettia!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Your poinsettia pops right off the fancy background! Terrific card, Cat!

Heather Cooper said...

Very creative, Cat! I love how you play around with different ideas. The lattice makes a stunning statement! Thanks for playing along at As You See It Challenges!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Ooo, love the lattice x you built, Cat - perfect with the wrapping paper poinsettia atop that gorgeous texture!!

Greta said...

Love the unique look & that gorgeous flocked vellum!

Jane Knudsen said...

This card is an absolute stunner and I am totally stealing this technique! From the poinsettia, to the sentiment to the vellum! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!