Saturday, November 11, 2023

11-11-23

 Hello-

Its been  a while since I posted.  And it was hard to get back into the groove.  I still need to make Christmas cards, but thought I'd throw in a Thanksgiving card today.  As I looked out my window the sun was coming over the house and a golden glow hit the trees in back...

So leaves and Thanksgiving are my starting points for this card.  I cut several large leaves from the Greetery in white and pounced some ink on.  sss Schoolhouse red, sss  orange peel, and sss green leaf. 

To blend it all together and add that golden light I added sss duckling at the end.

I cut and inked up 4 leaves, and decorated the front leaving room for my SU die cut sentiment.

The card will be visiting galleries for Just Us Girls, Just Add Ink, and Fourseasons Fall.

   

On a personal note---

Hubs and I visited my Dad and family in Utah for a few weeks in October.  This time we did not drive across the country but flew instead.  For me this was a big step.  Covid changed me from the fearless lets do it to a very cautious person.  The thought of flying confined with so many other people gave me concerns.  However, I knew my knees would not be happy cramped for 4 days of car travel.  I did splurge and get seating at the very front of the flight.  Much more leg room, and wider seats made it easier for me to maneuver around.  An added bonus, I didn't feel all the people around us. Although the flight was full and I saw everyone getting on the plane I did not freak out! YAY.  

In about 4 hours we were in Salt Lake.  We had a few days of sight seeing, a birthday party, a poker tournament with my Dad along with some leaf peeping.  Then I got sick...not covid...but it was a respiratory virus. I was in bed a couple of days and taking it easy a few more.  But that left time to hang out and play with the dog, and pet the cats even Digger who is a one man cat.  Digger allowed pets, a first time in 10 years.

Fortunately hubs didn't get sick until after we got home; this was a first as he usually gets sick west of the Mississippi and then shares it with me.  I am looking forward to our next flight out...even though I can now never sit back in economy again.  I've been spoiled...will have to watch for another bargain.


Thanks so much for stopping by.


20 comments:

Carol said...

Perfect fall leaves on this beauty of a card!!! I too am fearful of getting sick on a flight...glad you didn't get too too sick. Thanks for Playing along this week at Just Us Girls!

Loll said...

Beautiful maple tree in your back yard, Cat! You've captured it perfectly on your amazing card. LOVE the colours you've used and the design. Gorgeous! Happy to hear you enjoyed most of your visit with your Dad. Sorry you got sick ... and your hubby too. Happy Thanksgiving! xx

Dotty Jo said...

A gorgeous card, Cat. I do love FAll colours. I hope you're feeling so much better now, and hubby too. There's a fun challenge at Christmas Kickstart you might enjoy, Jo x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous photo from your yard, Cat, and I love your card inspired by it!! Wonderful blend on those leaves!! Glad you and hubs are feeling better!!

Lisa Elton said...

Gorgeous view in your backyard and a gorgeous card! So happy to spot this in our JUGs gallery, Cat! Happy it wasn't Covid, hope you're back to 100%!

Nikki Spencer said...

Your leaves are such a lovely inky effect Cat, beautiful card. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Cat...love, love, LOVE how you colored your leaves! Our trees are bare now, so no colorful inspiration outside my windows! Glad you were able to go spend time with your dad and managed the flight without freaking out...I'm still in the freak out stage with flying or going anywhere with large amounts of people. I'm immune compromised and just can't get past taking that kind of risk, but so happy you managed it!! Hugs. :0)

TK said...

Your leaves are beautifully inked, thanks for the description -- such a pretty card, Cat! Also glad you and your husband are doing better, I had the same experience on our vacation to Colorado this year with Hubbs following close behind

HilaryJane said...

Welcome back. I am glad you had a successful trip, despite the bug. Your card is beautiful. Those leaves are simply stunning xx

I Card Everyone said...

So happy to see you again - though my delivery system is still on the Fritz! I love your leaves, Cat - and your view!
=]

Bonnie said...

Glad you're back. You've been missed. And your leaves are perfect for jumping back into it! Wonderful, realistic colors, Cat! So pretty!

papierelle said...

You brought the autumn colors beautifully to your leaves. It looks so realistic!!!

Ellibelle said...

That's such a pretty view from your window and a truly gorgeous card you created! Thank you so much for joining us at Four Seasons challenge!

Betty said...

lovely card, Cat - and perfect for all the challenges - and glad you had such a good trip - flying up front certainly is a spoiler, isn't it??

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, those beautiful fall colors -- both on your card and out the window! Love the leaves with the pounced inking. I still have those mushroom sponges on my wish list. I'm glad you had such a nice trip, even though some of it was spent sick. It's nice to know you have an travel option you can enjoy.

Greta said...

Hurrah for not freaking out! I was cautious before Covid, so now it's worse. But I, too, did fly before my surgery & would consider doing it again. First class is so much better! Bummer you both ended up sick. Hopefully you're through with viruses! I adore your card!

KimB said...

You really captured the warm bright tones of Autumn colours Cat - I love how you used the leaves to create a frame of sorts. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

cm said...

Your fall leaves are gorgeous; they certainly capture the lovely colours and glow of those from your photo. Thank you so much for joining us at Just Us Girls.
~carol

Jean said...

Gorgeous card. Glad you are feeling better now. I hear you on being cautious post-pandemic!

Tracey McNeely said...

Welcome back Cat and I hear you. Covid has changed travel for so many people. I did fly down to Kansas in the spring for a crafty weekend and I was in economy!! I have flown business class before and economy stinks. Good for you upping your flight! I glad you had a wonderful time! Your blending on the leaves is exquisite! Well done!