Wednesday, April 19, 2023

04-19-23

 Hello-

Its been a bit.  I am finding more joy in my craft room than I have in the past year.  I am creating to create not just to enter challenges.  

This morning I woke up early (for me) and I finished die cutting some pieces for a Christmas card that has yet to be put together...but all the pieces are there.  I am making 10 of that design.  

After cleaning up, I was looking at the Stampin Up goodies that my demonstrator sends when a purchase of 50 or more is made.  This batch included extras -- gems, full card size panels of the new embossing folders, A2 panels of the new colors, and new in colors. I so appreciate that she does that. Seeing the actual colors and textures helps in decision making.

This time she also added 2x2 squares of one of the designer paper packs, the blue country prints.  Not much one can do with those, but I decided to cut them up and make a patchwork panel.  I was able to make two cards, one will go to my demo to thank her for the goodies above and beyond the purchase threshold goodie.

Yes, I used two of the embossed panels as well.

 

Have a great rest of the week, and thanks for stopping by.


10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is charming! What a great way to use up those extra goodies!

Marcia Hill said...

It truly is fun to create just for the fun of it, isn't it?!! Those are some of my most enjoyable times in my craft room too! It truly paid off with your two patchwork cards Cat...they're both FABULOUS!! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

I can't imagine any rep not loving and appreciating this card, Cat - I may have to have that embossing folder, btw. It's gorgeous with your hand-pieced panel!
She might want to hire you to make samples for her!
So happy you have found renewed joy in your craft, my friend - it shows!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

I still find this the most fun way to craft -- just for yourself, come what may, sit down with some new goodies and see what happens. How beautiful this is with the perfectly fit quilt pieces. A brilliant idea as the country calico print is perfect for it. Love the pretty embossed panel and simple sentiment strip. I'm so glad to know you're once again finding such joy in this wonderful craft of ours.

Loll said...

I LOVE how you've creates this sweet patchwork panels, Cat! Great cards. Your demonstrator will love getting one of these! xx

Bonnie said...

This is a perfect way to use 2 x 2 pieces and they are such pretty prints too! Love these cards, Cat!

Jean said...

Those squares were put to wonderful use! And the embossing folder texture works perfectly with the designer paper patterns.

HilaryJane said...

Very clever use of those bits, well done. They have turned out brilliantly. You have changed your watermark again. I like that too. I ought to change mine, but I never get round to it xx

Greta said...

Absolutely brilliant idea, Cat! Love it!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oooo - love the patchwork panel design, Cat - what a great idea for scraps too!!