Wednesday, April 19, 2023

04-19-23-2

 Hello-

Another fun time in my crafty space.  I have a card for you that will be visiting Double D Challenge -Things that fly and Simon Says Stamp with Things with Wings

I gathered together some patterned paper (SU Dainty Flowers), a card base (PTI Lovely Lady), a dragonfly die (The Greetery) and a scripty sentiment(SU Go to Greetings) ...and of course a bit of black to make it all stand out.

I pounced color on the dragon fly using Altenew inks in pink diamond and midnight violet. A random brown on the antennae and then put the 4 pieces together.  I loved this dsp from Stampin Up, and thought the oval was a perfect landing spot for the dragon fly. I do enjoy a bit of black to make everything stand out so a very thin border mat on the dsp and a fussy cut sentiment finished the card.  A little shimmer stix daubed on the wings and the card was done. I have a few more ovals and will probably have to make a few more dragonfly cards. I am quite smitten with this one.

   

Thanks for visiting.

 



13 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

All of the things you gathered play well together! This is lovely, Cat!

Marcia Hill said...

I have this dsp too and wondered how I would use it...you used it perfectly Cat! That dragonfly totally looks like it was meant to land there and the whole card is just lovely my friend!! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

I may take a screen shot of that gorgeous oval - what a way to build something beautiful with all those teensy little stamps that are included in so many sets, right? Even better that you have them at your fingertips! Oh, yes! and much prettier perch than the end of my fishing pole, Cat!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

Holy cow, that's designer paper? How gorgeous! And the dragonfly! Prettiest ever all dressed up in spring colors. The skinny black border sure does set it all off. Fabulous card for our Double D challenge! Thanks, Cat!

Bonnie said...

I LOVE this dragonfly and keep telling myself that I don't need it. Your are pushing me close to the edge, my friend! Love how you've put it on this oval of flowers! Beautiful!

TK said...

Oh my this is gorgeous, Cat! Love the pretty colors and your dragonfly is perfect, what a card!

papierelle said...

A beautiful interplay of flowers and dragonfly. Fantastically beautiful card!!

Darlene said...

Oh Cat, this is just BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Triple B ... OUR NEW CHALLENGE BLOG which is all about butterflies, birds & blooms.

Jean said...

That floral wreath alone would be stunning - the addition of the dragon fly makes it soar!

HilaryJane said...

I am quite smitten with it too, gorgeous xx

Greta said...

Oh how beautiful! If I had DP like the floral oval, I'd use it instead of store it like I tend to do!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous oval wreath with that dragonfly - love this, Cat!!

Greta said...

Blogger gave me trouble the other day, so I'll leave this comment again. Absolutely love this card, Cat! What great paper with the floral ovals & the dragonfly is beautiful!