Sunday, April 2, 2023

04-02-23

 Happy Palm Sunday...

I have a card today for Just Add Ink. And since I used an embossing folder for the base, it will also visit Can you Handle the pressure -Easter.

Peggy sent me some die cuts, which I colored using the pouncing method with sponge tipped applicators.

 I added some color to the bunny with copics, and colored the carrot and stems by pouncing on ink.  I cut an oval for a focal area, and embossed the base with a basket weave folder.



  Please Grab Our Badge

Thanks so much for visiting.

PS...

I am sure many of you have seen the "new" mushroom shaped sponge daubers out there...   

I went to Amazon and searched mushroom shaped make up applicators and got some cute little ones for the more delicate stencils and dies.  No idea if they'd work well or not...but they were beautiful and fast in adding coverage. One can also find the big ones for more coverage. 



10 comments:

Jean said...

A lovely Easter card - nice combination of shapes and textures.

Lisa Elton said...

What a darling card!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, the bunny with is carrot is so darn cute, and the basket weave is a perfect background. Thank you so much for mentioning and showing the daubers. I will definitely be searching Amazon for those! Making a note right now...

I Card Everyone said...

He's so strong to carry that great big carrot but appears to be enjoying himself, Cat! Gosh, he's so cute!
=]

papierelle said...

This is so cute!! I love the little bunny. He looks so proud with his big carrot.

Diane said...

Oh Cat, I LOVE this cute bunny with his big carrot, I hope he doesn't put his back out LOL!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane CYHTP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Can You Handle The Pressure}
{Stencil Fun}

Melanie Hungerford said...

This is just so sweet, love the effect of the textured background. Thanks for playing along with us at Can You Handle the Pressure!

Bonnie said...

This is such an adorable card, Cat! Love this bunny and his big, juicy carrot! Great job on coloring! I'll have to check out those daubers.

HilaryJane said...

What a happy little bunny with his giant carrot. I hope you had fun with your pouncing technique. Thanks for the tip re the make up applicators. I like the look of them xx

Greta said...

Thanks for the tip. I won't pay a lot of money for tools craft companies just basically copied & charge a ton for. I love the little brushes that look like finger daubers that I got from Amazon for much less. They work great! Really cute Easter card!