Friday, April 22, 2022

04-22-22-2

 Hello Again-

Another set of new dies, gifted to me from Peggy. The set is one of Hero Arts looking glass sets along with the fancy frame.  To this I added an oldie but goodie stamp Birthday Background from MFT.

My inspiration for design was Die Cut Diva's.  I chose the top row of the board:

At least 2 layers not counting base ( I have 4)

Bling/ Glitter (that frame sparkles IRL)

Red 

 

I cut the scene dies from white paper and colored with copics limiting myself to primarys red, blue yellow and kept each layer mostly one color using the other two colors only for highlights on subsequent layers. The bottom layer was adhered flat to the card front - gold glitter paper, then the first scene (red pennants) was also glued flat to the gold layer. The blue pennant layer was popped up with foam as was the yellow pennant layer.  The red glitter frame was glued flat to the yellow layer.  I love the depth this card got and since I used very thin foam 1/16 inch the card is still very mail-able.

Thanks for visiting.

10 comments:

Arlene said...

What a great way to make someone's birthday special. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our Tic Tac Toe challenge this month

I Card Everyone said...

A picture-perfect party if I've ever seen one!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Loving the fancy red frame! This is heaps of fun!

Mac Mable said...

I love the 3D effect and the way the pretty frame draws your eyes right into the 'party' x. Fun card Cat x.

HilaryJane said...

What a great little party scene and all those layers, very unusual for you. I love the primary colours too xx

Bonnie said...

I spy a perfect birthday setup, Cat! Love the primary colors!

Jean said...

A very fun birthday scene - really like that frame die!

Greta said...

Those looking glass sets are so creative & fun--love this one! Beautiful sparkly frame!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, great layering on this, Cat! Lots of depth and dimension, but with the ever so important mailability. Love that!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fun bday card using the looking glass set, Cat - just love the primary colors!! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas!!