Tuesday, April 19, 2022

04-19-22



 Hello-

I hope that all those that celebrated had a wonderful Easter.  Hubs and I enjoyed the day with a nice meal.

Thanks to Peace on Earth Christmas challenge, with this card I am up-to-date with my Christmas card stash as of the end of March...I still have a week or so to get  the 5 made for April. I am making 5 of each design as I usually do.  Later in the year I make more of the one offs.  

The mood board suggested two ideas to me, and as one of the DT used one stamp I was thinking of I decided to use some dies and make some slim line cards with Memory Box's snowflake ornament dies.

 

I cut the base from gold glitter paper (the snowflakes would never have cut well on glitter paper) and then overlayed the  snowflake layer cut from white. I like the contrast. The sentiment is from SSS and was heat embossed in gold.  The ornament strings are drawn with a gold pen.

  

Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

Jean said...

Lovely use of metallics and the ornaments look great on the slimline card base.

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely card, Cat!

Mac Mable said...

So elegant and so very pretty Cat x.

Darlene said...

Oh Cat this is just gorgeous! What a smart idea to make 'x' number of holiday cards each month (dang wish I had thought of that lol). You'll be all set when the time comes (me, not so much lol) and I'm so happy our challenge helps keep you motivated on this mission.
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

I Card Everyone said...

Cat this is a beauty!
=]

HilaryJane said...

Gold and cream look so stylish and I love those ornaments. Well done for getting ahead of yourself. I haven't made a single Christmas card yet. I always hate doing them out of season xx

Greta said...

Beautiful dies & perfect slimline design! Love this, Cat!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful gold and white ornaments, Cat! Love the slimline style!

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, your beautiful ornaments work so well with a slimline card. Love the glitter paper underneath the snowflakes. This is a good design for multiples. I'm slow with Christmas cards this year, but ordinarily do like you -- start off with multiples then have fun doing the individuals later. You're doing great, Cat!

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The POE Chritmas Challenge.