Friday, July 16, 2021

Thinking of you

 Hi-

I really tried embracing the slimline card style...and those cards just felt too bulky to me --- but I do love the mini slimline cards -- so much so I picked up a die set from Pinkfresh Studios. 

I also like the fact that I can use 1 sheet of 8.5 x 11 inch paper to make the card base and a cover panel.

I wanted to try some no line coloring with pencils on Kraft.  So I stamped the image twice with soft sand ink from Hero Arts, then went on to color it with prisma color pencils with very sharp tips. I added a sentiment with versafine vintage sepia ink and mounted the panel with foam on to a matching cardbase.


My finished card is 6.25 by 3.25 and fits perfectly in a SSS mini slim line envelope.  I am submitting this sweet girly card to Stamping Sensations, the theme this month is for a lady.

Thanks so much for visiting.  Have a lovely weekend !


11 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling mini slim, Cat! I love how different companies use different sizing. Makes us want to buy the other sizes too - love that crimped rectangle!!

brenda said...

What a pretty summery creation and like the landscape DL shape, thanks so much for sharing and joining us at Stamping Sensations July challenge.

B x

Jean said...

Terrific take on the no-line technique. The colors you chose look wonderful on the kraft background!

Greta said...

Love your beautiful pink & green card, Cat! Mini slimline is much more to my liking, too!

HilaryJane said...

I have never tried a slimline card, but have a feeling I would be with you on preferring the mini ones, love your soft colouring xx

Bonnie said...

I love this size and these flowers are so pretty!

TK said...

Beautiful coloring, Cat, and I too love the mini slimline best too!

papierelle said...

Successful!!! The card looks so delicate, just beautiful!!

R's Rue said...

So beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Mac Mable said...

What a delicate and pretty card with wonderful no line colouring Cat x.

Leslie Miller said...

I totally feel you. The last full-size slimline I made required extra postage just because of the weight. This size is perfect! A lovely sweet and girly card, Cat!