Friday, February 28, 2020

Happy Leap Day

Greetings!

While I was browsing around blog land, I saw a card that I thought was so brilliant for a leap day card, that I cased the idea if not the actual card.  The card that inspired me is linked  here. Thanks for the inspiration!

I had purchased the Gerda Steiner Frogs a while ago because they are so cute.  One image in particular was perfect for leap day.



The image was colored with copics onto the card base. The base was prepared with a computed printed sentiment (yay my printer actually printed on 110lb cardstock) and some inking to provide some grounding.  After coloring the frog, I added some tall marsh grasses from a Stampin p set called Wetlands.

  

I'll be entering this card at Watercooler Wednesday - Occaisions, and Addicted to Stamps and More - Holiday.



Thanks for visiting!


15 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Yes the adorable and happy frog is perfect for the Leap Year sentiment and card x. His eyes and face sure made me smile x.

Karen Brown said...

Cute, cute, cute! We only get the opportunity to "leap year" every four years so your card idea is brilliant. We are so pleased that you joined us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen - DT

Anita in France said...

What an energetic cutie, Cat ... great colouring on that fun frog ... he's fabulous set among the marsh grass! Hugs, Anita :)

Cathy said...

Such a fun card Cat! Love the scene you've created for that excited little frog! Cathy x

TK said...

Your frog and sentiment make for a perfect Leap Day card!

Helen said...

What a super 'leaping' good fun card, Cat!!! Great cute frog ready to make the leap!! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

papierelle said...

What a cute and funny card!! Love it!!

I Card Everyone said...

Such a fun card... love that frog!
=]

Izzy Scrap said...

Love this fun card, Cat. Beautiful CAS design and amazing colouring! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

Marcia Hill said...

OMG Cat...that frog is SO stinkin CUTE!! Love that facial expression too and the whole card totally makes me smile...love it!! :0)

HilaryJane said...

Love this one Cat. It brings a smile on a special day xx

Jean said...

Fabulous and fun!

Tristan said...

Fun card Cat. Lovely colouring on your happy frog. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

Leslie Miller said...

Ack, this is adorable! I've been looking at this set, but figure I should use my other 5 NBUS Gerda Steiner sets first. I haven't been making much progress lately. I love the simplicity of this. Your coloring is awesome and the reeds are a great addition. Amazing that your printer pulled the 110 lb paper!

Greta said...

Beautiful coloring, Cat--cute card!