Saturday, January 18, 2020

Happy Birthday

Hello-

This evening I played in a Hero Arts Scramble, they are now on Facebook in a private group. Its been a long time since I played.  It requires Hero Arts stamps, dies or stencils a limit of 90 minutes to create, photograph and upload a photo of your card.  Today's card took me about 45 minutes.  I wish I had cleaned off my craft table before starting...but I just shoved everything aside to give me a space for my mini misti.  I keep my vagabond out all the time so its always ready to die cut.

I used a couple of old favorite Hero Arts Stamps - Butterflies and the Brushstroke set. I don't have the exact names they have worn off their storage pouches.  The butterfly was stamped and colored, then the brushstroke was heat embossed with Rangers Liquid Platinum ep. The left side of the butterfly is adhered flat and the right side with just a thin bit of foam tape.  The sentiment from Sugar Peas was stamped and embossed and attached with more foam tape.  I added some gems in coordinating shades and the card is done.




Cindy's challenge to us was to use the sketch from Case this Sketch, and that challenge was on my to do list along with Watercooler Wednesday.  Yay, one card 3 challenges.



        

Thanks so much for stopping by.

14 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great take on the sketch, Cat & well done to finish so quickly!! I love the colors on your butterfly - maybe homework for the coloring class? Looks great! Might the butterfly be from CL383 Antique Engravings? A bunch of flying insects in this set - LOL. I thought I had the brush stroke but didn't find it among my stamps. Is it a cling? I don't have those with me this weekend...

Cat Craig said...

Butterflies #3 Sizzix Dies Hero Arts Cling Rubber Stamp 657773


Hero Arts Brush Strokes Stamp Your Story Cling Stamp Set

Cathy said...

This is a gorgeous CAS card Cat and awesomely done in that short time! It's my all time favourite HA butterfly, although I don't have the die for it. Cathy x

Helen said...

A great CAS card Cat! Perfect for the sketch challenge! Love your butterfly and the way if 'pops' off the card! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

Betty said...

wonderful take on the sketch, Cat!

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous card and so very pretty. The butterfly stamped and coloured image is stunning and well done you making it in 45 minutes x.

Leslie Miller said...

This is really such a pretty card and perfect for the sketch! I'm sure I couldn't do all you mentioned in 45-90 minutes. Gosh, it was hard enough just doing the 30 day coloring challenge with phone pics for Instagram. I'm hopeless!

TK said...

Good gracious, Cat, this is beautiful! Congrats on the "win" for doing it under 90 minutes... I can honestly say it takes 45 minutes just for an idea, if I'm lucky! Love the card

Greta said...

Great use of the sketch, Cat! I love how you colored the butterfly!

papierelle said...

Your card is absolutly amazing!!! And your interpretation of the sketch is perfect!! Gundi

I Card Everyone said...

What a gorgeous flutterby, Cat!!! I thought I'd seen them all, but this one must have flown right by me! and just look at the pattern his wings have laid down!
I'm so happy that you've sent this beauty over to CTS! [someone has a challenge to use our Sketch? how wonderful!]
=]

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Cat, what a wonderful CAS birthday card! I love the colours of the butterfly against that heat embossed brushstroke. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jean said...

CAS perfection - so elegant!

Anita in France said...

Love that texture-y, shimmery, sketchy background to your delicate, vibrant butterfly, Cat ... this is fabulous! Amazing how you completed it in 45 mins from start to posting ... super swift, super card! Hugs, Anita :)