I was up early after sleeping as opposed to up early and not having gone to sleep yet. So I decided to tackle the challenge at CAS Mix up - Foiling.
I had watched several of the videos yesterday. I don't have a laminator, but I did have some foil sheets taking up space in a drawer. They'd been there so long I was beginning to wonder if they'd gone bad. I used foiling, stamping, heat embossing, AI Inks, and die cutting.
It was a true mix up...on my part. If you want to read about it... carry on below.
I pulled a bit of yupo paper out along with butterscotch, valencia, and sublime alcohol inks. I added ink to a felt bit added some blending solution and pounced around my yupo. Then I tried adding veins of foil. I kept getting ink on the foil but no foil on the ink. So I decided to clear emboss the AI prepared yupo. I got lots of fun bumps and still couldn't get any gold. Since I had planned on die cutting some leaves from foiled paper any way I went to do that, and I finally figured out why nothing was working. I applied be creative tape to some card stock, stuck the foil down and pulled the foil edge back up...well I tried to pull it up. IT was good and stuck and it finally dawned on me I was trying to transfer foil from the wrong side. Come on ... both sides of that stuff is shiny.
Once I figured out my mishandling, it was easy to play. I added some light foiling to the yupo piece it stuck to the bumps from the clear embossing. I die cut the Hello. Next some two-sided tape on card stock and some Lawn Fawn leaves were cut out to highlight my Hello die cut from Winnie and Walter. The last bit of mix up was I had no stamping. But I fixed that quickly with a W&W stamp and gold heat embossing.
All of those trials and not one bad word in thought or deed! I am probably going to have another go at this before the month is out.
Thanks so much for visiting.