Saturday, April 2, 2016

Mix it up at Flickr

Chark hosted a scramble today, and her theme was mix it up. Use stamps and sentiments from different sets together.  This scramble is hosted at the Hero Arts Flickr group, and if you have followed my blog for any length of time, you know I love these challenges and it is how I started with cardmaking and blogging.



I am mailing a lot of cards lately and need flat ones so this is a perfect scramble theme for me.
 I used S5601 Newspaper Background (woodblock) ; the solid flower image from CL779 Night and Day Flowers, and a sentiment from CL487 Thank You for Being my friend.
 The flowers were colored with Memento markers in Angel Pink, Lulu lavender, Rose Bud, Cottage Ivy and Pear Tart. I used my MISTI to get color saturation on the blooms. The sentiment was inked with versa fine onyx black and the bits overlaying the colored image were outlined in white jelly roll pen ink to make it easily readable. And some pretty pink posh sequins in pink peony.

Want to challenge yourself?  Join me as I host the next scramble in the Hero Arts Flickr group discussion forum (click this for link).  

You'll have 90 minutes to create a card using my theme given to you at the start of the scramble. 

You'll photograph it, upload it to the gallery all in 90 minutes...I know it sounds scary but, when you have limits sometimes you get your best work...because you don't have time to overthink!  Oh and there will be prizes offered.

 Date: 4-16-16
 Time: 5 PM EDT  Click the like below for the time in your neck of the woods.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Scramble+131&iso=20160416T17&p1=263&ah=1&am=30

 Supplies needed: Hero Arts - Stamp or Stencil or Die Cut or Digital Content from the Silhouette or Hero  Arts stores.  (lots of choices) and supplies to use your image/background choice.

Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you at the Scramble!


5 comments:

Greta said...

I loved this card for the challenge today, Cat! The newspaper background is really neat & love the pink flowers! I'd love to play in your challenge, but that's a work day & doubt it's going to be at night.

Anita in France said...

So very pretty, Cat ... gorgeous blooms against the newsprint background ... and such a lovely sentiment! Sorry I've not been around for a while ... have enjoyed meandering through all the wonderful creative work you've done over the last few weeks though! They're all fabulous ... those two poppy cards were particularly beautiful ... love the idea of those sweet crochet baskets ... and the chocolate! Hugs, Anita :)

lauren bergold said...

oh that's soooooooo very lovely! what a great mix of stamps and of course you sort of already had me at PINK and collagey!!! ♥♥♥

Martha said...

Cat, this is simply beautiful.
Pink flowers always make me smile.
Love how you used the newspaper background stamp.

Barb Ghig said...

This is so pretty, Cat! I love your subtle background and your layout is really beautiful! I feel badly that I missed the scramble...by the time I remembered, it was almost finished :( Stunning card, as always!