Saturday, July 12, 2014
I was able to play in another Hero Arts Scramble at their flickr gourp. Our hostess was Theresa and her theme was floral with stripes/plaids/checks.
I knew exactly what I wanted to do, and my card in reality is fairly close to my vision in my head...that rarely happens!
I used the Hero Arts Brushstrokes set to create some "lines" on my card background. Then I Stamped Hero Arts Night and Day Flowers on top of the dried inks. Next I used Impression Obsessions thin lines background stamp to add some tone on tone lines to my card base. Then disaster struck! I had about 20 minutes left of the 90 allotted.
I only wanted to use part of the flower panel, so I trimmed it. I have to say I didn't take just a bit off and then more and more...no I whacked a whole bunch off the right side and less off the left. I wanted the brush strokes to be edge to edge. I added a bit of glitter paper on the left side and mounted my flower panel...ugh...too much card base was visible on the right and I hadn't put a sentiment down yet!
So I grabbed my cut scraps, and trimmed them. I cut thin pieces of black card to look as if there was another layer. Then I just added the re-trimmed inked pieces to the card front with a bit of black edging. My foam dots were very cooperative and allowed my Hello to stamp cleanly even though it was not a flat surface. Lastly a few blush colored gems and
Inks - Onyx Black Versafine, Hero Arts -Pale Tomato, Field Greens, Green Hills, Cornflower, Soft Apricot, and Fresh Peach.