Monday, April 22, 2024

4-22-24

 Hello-

I really dislike making sympathy cards when needed.  So I try to make a few ahead and hope they'll stay in my stash a very long time. Unfortunately my stash is empty and I have need of a card. So I made two.

I used a Stampin Up set (Splendid Thoughts) that's been sitting waiting to be used for quite a while. I used Altenew's pool ink and a Bg13 copic marker to add some more color to the leaves. Some SSS Audrey Blue card stock, along with SU Basic Gray Cardstock. The sentiment comes from another SU set and is white embossed on the die from the set. I also chose two dies to cut to add to the stamped images.

I find the colors soothing. I am going to send this to Darnell's NBUS gallery.

 Grab our badge to display on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.

13 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

So pretty Cat and reminds me I have this set too and it hasn't seen ink for quite some time! Sorry to hear you needed a card, but hopefully the 2nd one can stay in your stash for quite awhile!! Hugs. :0)

Leslie Miller said...

I'm thinking the very same thing about the colors -- soft and soothing. A very pretty blue. This sympathy card will express your sentiments beautifully. I hope it will be a long time before you have to use it.

TK said...

Definitely soothing colors, and a great sense of peace will follow when you need to use this card. I too hate doing them under pressure, and making them in advance is a great way to reduce that when time dictates the need.

Darnell said...

I agree that the colors are soothing and so is the tropical calm feel that the design exudes, Cat. I'm sorry you needed this card and I hope you don't need the next one for a very long time. Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Betty said...

lovely card Cat - particularly like the design of those graceful leaves in the bowl - is the bowl a die or just a half circle? I always have sympathy cards on hand too.

Jean said...

A lovely card for a difficult occasion. Great color choices.

I Card Everyone said...

I also find these colors very soothing, Cat - and very beautiful. Such a pretty card for sending condolences to those in need.
=]

HilaryJane said...

It is beautiful and I do love those colours. A perfect sympathy card. so sorry you are needing to send them. That's never good xx

Bonnie said...

I love these colors and they are serene but uplifting! It's always good to have some sympathy cards on hand!

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely colors and a lovely card. I hope you don't need anymore for a long time!

papierelle said...

I really like that you added some color to the card too. Even if the occasion is sad, the card should also bring hope.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a lovely floral arrangement in the bowl, Cat - love the sentiment on the bowl too!! I prefer to make sympathy cards when I need them - superstitious, I guess... Now I need to make two :(

Greta said...

Lovely card and just perfect for the occasion. I probably wouldn't have thought to use that color and I love it!