Wednesday, January 3, 2024

01-03-24

 Hello Friends,

 

Colorful Options grabbed my eye as I was searching for some ideas for post Christmas thank you cards. I usually have them made up way ahead of time, but this year I am behind already...lol.  No worries.  One look at the colors and an idea blossomed.


 I wanted to stick with a winter theme because its a seasonal thank you, but I couldn't resist making those lagoon colors (green blues pink) into something for a cooler season.

 

The stamps and die cuts are from the Greetery, Inks by Altenew, and the circle panel is a Pink Fresh diecut. There is also a pink gemstone from Stampin Up in the center of the flower.

I am also submitting this to If you give a Crafter a Cookie...theme is winter wishes and this is definitely a winter wish thank you.

 

On a personal note, I have been taking quite a bit of time from this hobby I love but have lost a lot of mojo for over the last few years. My posts have been significantly less frequent than they were pre-pandemic. The pandemic changed me, I felt less like being out in the world for the last three years. 

A few months ago I started to come out of hibernation; Hubs and I got on an airplane--that was huge for me--so many people trapped all together in a flying tin can for hours. But the trip to see family was so very worth it.  Starting with that trip Hubs and I have actually gone into restaurants for a meal and stayed there to eat several times in the last 4 months.  I still have my mask in my hand bag at all times so if I feel I need it, its close by. 

Life is starting to feel more normal again.  I am hoping this translates to feeling more creative.

I do want to thank you all for your visits, cards and emails throughout the year and I can't wait to see the lovely projects you all post.

15 comments:

papierelle said...

Your card is really beautiful and I love your coffee mug!!!

Marcia Hill said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful Cat and a perfect Winter thank you! :0)

HilaryJane said...

This is a real beauty CAt. I am so glad you got inspired by the inspiration board. I am also glad that you enjoyed your trips away and are getting out and about a bit more. We have just read that covid numbers are very high again along with flu and other viral infections. Having had several years without getting ill, I don't want to risk it. Hope they all quickly pass by without stopping near me! Looking forward to seeing more from you this year xx

Jean said...

Gorgeous floral cluster - great color choices for the images. Nice to "see" you!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a beautiful floral spray thank you card, Cat!! I hear you about coming out of hibernation - looks like mojo is back for you :)

I Card Everyone said...

Cat, I know you've struggled but am so happy to read you're coming through it slowly but surely. But I can also see that your creative talents have not waned one bit! What a beautiful card!
And now I want cookies!
=]

Loll said...

Your card is a beautiful thank you that will delight the recipient, Cat! Great work. It's wonderful that a challenge sparked an idea. I've been feeling that way after taking two week break from creating and computing. It's taken me several days to get back in the swing and I hope it continues! Good for you to get on a plane. The reward was to see your family, that's the best reward there is. And it's great that you are getting out and about more. Take care. Love, Loll

Leslie Miller said...

Cat, your card is absolutely beautiful and you sure played well with those lagoon colors. This one is way high on my list of favorites by you. I understand how things have been for you and I'm glad that one trip has made a positive difference. We all adjust differently. I've had my pandemic-related issues, too. I just want you to be happy. Hugs and happy new year!

Lisa Elton said...

Times have been tough and I'm so happy you are finding your way out of it. Your card is as pretty as can be. You crafting talents is perfectly in tact and I look forward to more of your works of art!

R's Rue said...

So beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Bonnie said...

A very pretty way to say thank you, Cat! I love how you made those colors work for winter! Thank you for your inspiration and kind comments. I think we are all getting out more little by little.

TK said...

Beautiful card, Cat! Love the colors and the fun "wreath" made from your die, everything is just wonderful. I also adore the little cups below too -- I couldn't get it to enlarge to see if it's clay, cards, cookies... they are fun tho!

I am glad you feel more at ease and are able to go out into the world. It's not always a great place, but hope your mojo returns too

Greta said...

I absolutely adore your card, Cat! Beautiful use of the colors & images! The partially inked background is wonderful! I understand about the past 3 years & was also quite isolated. But I escaped into my cardmaking & now I need to prioritize & get other things done as well. It's a process--haha! Here's to a healthy, crafty new year!

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in my IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Sara Lihz Dobel said...

I love your card, it's so clean and simple. The details on the circle are gorgeous. And then the cookies...... LOVE LOVE LOVE! You should submit the cookies to Colorful Options too. We welcome all crafts, and they are super impressive.

Thank you so much for sharing at Colorful Options!

Best,

Sara Lihz