Tuesday, May 23, 2023

5-23-23

 Hello-

My friend Hilary, gifted me two uniko stencils. One I had a matching stamp set for and the other is a lovely chain of flowers.  Hilary also has both stencils, so we decided to have an go at each using and sharing on the same day cards we created with the stencils.

First up Uniko's Fun Flowers, its a spray mask but I went in a different direction...

 


 I started with a panel of black card stock.  I used white pigment ink to ink up the background of the stencil piece, then added tumbled glass, kitch flamingo, and twisted citron inks through the detail portion of the stencil.  Once done I added clear embossing powder and set it.  I wanted a strong focal point, so I traced out and cut one of the flower clusters on black card, added white pigment ink, heat embossed in white as well. I love the texture that gave with the bits of black peeking through.  I finished it with more DOX inks in the same shades as the base.  A sentiment was added and a trio of gems.

 My second card is much more straight forward, I gold embossed the matching stamp which was already in my stash, then colored the leaves using the stencil. Added a sentiment and placed it on a colored base.


Thank you so much Hilary.  I can't wait to see what you made.  You can head over to Hilary's Blog here.

Thanks for visiting.


 

11 comments:

HilaryJane said...

I have been looking forward to seeing what you made and, of course, I am not disappointed. Two very special cards and very clever use of the stencils. Love the idea of using the stencil to colour the leaf, don't know why, but that hadn't occurred to me. Duh! it is always fascinating to see how differently the same products can be used. Thanks for joining me in this one. I have enjoyed it and it made me think too, which is always good xx

Jean said...

What a fun way to collaborate! Both are lovely!

Darnell said...

How fun to see two of my friends showcasing their delightful work like this! Your two designs are just stunning, Cat, and very creative! Off to see what Hilary did. Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet friend! Two wonderful cards, Cat!

TK said...

Hilary's gift worked wonders in your hands! Two great cards, Cat

Loll said...

It's awesome that you had a play day with Hilary and are sharing your makes today. Your cards are beautiful, Cat! Love the gorgeous, softly coloured flowers on your black background. What a fabulous technique! And your leaves are so pretty with the gold and shades of blue. Fun posts! xx

I Card Everyone said...

Sharing and playtime with a friend is the best time of all, Cat!
Your white on black cardstock is fabulous! OH, do I LOve those leaves - do I have them?? Ha!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

You've been very clever with these stencils, Cat! I love the idea of sponging a white base on black and then adding color over that. It's such a soft look, like a velvet painting that took a sedative. And then the one focal point flower wakes it up a bit, but gently. I dearly love the leaves, too, with their cheerful curve, the gold with pretty blue. I have a similar die in my stash that gets used a lot. It was fun to visit both you and Hilary today. Thanks!

Bonnie said...

Wonderful stencils and masks and fantastic results, Cat! What fun to share with Hilary!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fun collaboration, Cat - just love card one with the soft stenciling on black & that blue with gold looks amazing!!

Greta said...

These are wonderful! I have the leaves & stencil which I need to use! You've inspired me!