Saturday, May 18, 2019

Happy Birthday

Hello-

I've had a marathon card making session- I was in need of 31 more birthday cards to finish out the year; now it's down to 20.

One of the cards made was inspired by two challenges - Always Fun Challenge (Embossing Folder) and The Flower Challenge (embossing heat or dry). 



I dry embossed a panel of white cardstock and cut it down. I layered this on a cardbase that matched the colors in the mums. I wanted the white panel as the flowers were cut with matching dies that left a white edge.  By placing them onto a portion with a white panel, those edges are not so glaring.  Mounting them on a white base would accomplish the same, but I wanted color.  Next the sentiment was heat embossed in white as well.

Grab our button

Thanks so much for visiting.

5 comments:

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Wow! Your card is gorgeous! I love it! Thanks for sharing it with us at Always Fun Challenges! Cyndi, DT

Cathy said...

This is a gorgeous card Cat, great idea to layer on some white texture too. The white edges on the flowers look great, and well done on your marathon session! Cathy x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very nice! An opulent arrangement with three flowers clustered together. I like the embossing too.

Greta said...

So beautiful & perfectly designed, Cat!

Rachel Vass said...

Beautiful card and colour combo. So pretty. Thanks so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge.
Rachel DT