Saturday, February 9, 2019

Christmas Kickstart 3

Hi there~

Challenge #3 at Christmas Kickstart is Festive Felines.  I have a few Christmas cat stamps, and this one from Newton's Nook is one of my favorites.

I've paired it with and Elizabeth Craft pine branch.  Can you just imagine a kitty hanging on?



The first cat I had, was a Christmas Tree climber, he knocked a few trees over and broke glass ornaments.

We finally went to an artificial tree decorated with glossy paper mache apples. He would bat them off every branch and chase them around the house.  He was with us almost 19 years.  He was the runt of a litter of barn cats and was too slow to scramble up into the hayloft as I grabbed him.  He was an excellent mouser and would play fetch with small toys.

Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Betty said...

i knew you would have a cute card for this challenge, Cat - love your story about your own cat!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

A super Christmas card! That would be something if the ornament was big enough for the cat to hang on! We’ve had our share of cats that knock off ornaments, but not one that would actually climb the tree!

Dotty Jo said...

Love your story! We had a cat who used to bat the ornaments off the tree d run round the lounge with them. Super card, thanks so much for playing along at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

nancy littrell said...

Such a cute and sweet kitty cat and ornament card, Cat. TFS your sweet cat story too:-) Hugs..Nancy

Diane said...

Just card just makes me smile. Super cute. My sister had a cat that climbed the Christmas tree while they were out and knocked it over, broke most of the glass ornaments and spilled water everywhere.

Hugs Diane

Anita in France said...

Sounds as though your kitty was full of personality, Cat ... no wonder this cute Newton put you in mind of him ... he's so fun hanging from that ornament! Hugs, Anita :)

Janis said...

Adorable card with mischievous Newton! Your coloring is wonderful and I love the pine branch!

Over the years I have had various cats do battle with me over the Christmas tree and ornaments. Depending on the personality of my current inside kitties, I might use non-breakable ornaments....or just get lazy like I did last year and not put any ornaments on at all. We have a 3-4 foot fake tree so no water to spill and I just used lights last year. Still.....our Perdita kept trying to chew the fake branches! Arrgh....cats!!! LOL

Thanks so much for sharing your Festive Feline at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge!!

<3
Janis
Guest Elf
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Jean said...

This is simply adorable!

Greta said...

How fun to hear your kitty cat story, Cat! I knew you'd be entering this challenge--perfect image for it!