Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Under the sea at City Crafter Challenge

Hi there~

I have three cards for you today, and I am submitting one to City Crafter Challenge blog. The theme is under the sea. 

I recently acquired the Avery Elle stamp set Sea-prise!  I had fun coloring this sweet birthday shark as stamped. I used my laptop and printer to make the sentiment. (use a word processing program to write out your sentiment - highlight it in black and change the font color to white before printing. the size of your font determines the width of the highlight)


I wasn't done playing with him, this time I went darker and took away the party hat. I added some clouds as well.  This one I am submitting to City Crafters, its not quite cutesy and not nearly as sinister as the next one.

Lastly, I went completely off book and hand drew my shark taking the Jaws movie poster as my inspiration up to a point. I drew a rounded rectangle with no bottom and two hill shapes for the mouth. Back to triangles for the teeth, and circles for the eyes. He was colored gray and then inked over with mermaid lagoon distress ink. I added water droplets several times to the teeth and blotted it with a paper towel to get up some of the blue inking. I wanted the teeth to stand out a bit.


Isn't it amazing how turning the shape of the mouth upside down changes it from something cute to something much more sinister?

Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Greta said...

Aren't you clever?! It sure does change the look to flip the mouth! They're all great--love your clouds!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, Cat! I may have to ask another favor? Tom is standing over my shoulder, asking if I have this stamp!! He would love to share Jaws with our granddaughters - one of which refuses - she is in need of this guy, and his pun-y sentiment!! Can we swap again? xx
Fabulous, times three!
=]

Betty said...

amazing drawing for your scary shark - and such a cute sentiment for your cute sharks!!

Helen F. said...

WOW, Cat ~ your three cards are so totally different and those sharks are truly JAWsome :-) Great clouds and water too.
PS: Your hand drawn shark is fab!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, Cat...your cards are fabulous!!! I love all 3 ideas and how you printed your own white-on-black sentiment...very cool!

Lucille K said...

Love all 3 cards Cat, so creative :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I love this! Thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at City Crafter, good luck!!! Amy DT

Anita in France said...

Ha ... brilliant, Cat ... from fun to cute to creepy ... such fabulous sharks ... and oceans you've set them into! Hugs, Anita :)