Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Thank you

Greetings !

My bestie sent me a darling card for my birthday last month...even though we did our happy birthday thing while I was in California.  I fell in love with the card she sent me and based my thank you card to her on its colors and image. 

It had a beautiful pink flower on a blue/aqua  backdrop with lots of kind words.  As I looked through challenges, CAS Mix it UP gave me the additional bit of inspiration - inlaid die cutting as well as stamping and heat embossing.  I am also entering this to Double D's Neon/Brights challenge. I love the bright pinks and yellows in the mood board below.




I die cut the thanks first, then pulled it out. Next I stamped and embossed the flower.  It was then masked with some paper as I added some ink with a clarity brush around the flower image.  Next I colored the flower with pencils.  My sentiment was covered in versamark and dipped twice into liquid platinum embossing powder then heated.

Once that was dry, I added a white panel to the card inside with plenty of tape runner so the letters would stick down once I placed them back into the card front.  My last bit of embellishment was to add stickles to the flower petals and center.

I hope she likes the card.

Thanks for stopping by!

  

12 comments:

Greta said...

Oh wow--this is one gorgeous card, Cat!

Darlene said...

This is just AWESOME!! Love the design! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Neon / Brights’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Loll said...

Gorgeous!! Love the mix of soft brushed background with the bright flower, Cat. Amazing colour from your pencils! And the stickles add a beautiful sparkle. The inlaid sentiment is just perfect embossed in liquid platinum (my favourite). Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Bonnie said...

Happy, bright and beautiful, Cat! I love that gorgeous flower and the thick embossing of the sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Cathy said...

Wow! This is a real beauty Cat! Love it, Cathy x

Cathy said...

Wow! This is a real beauty Cat! Love it, Cathy x

nancy littrell said...

Very pretty flower and background Cat. I love your colors and your added stickles. Your die cut inlaid sentiment turned out beautifully. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Beautiful Cat! Bright, bold and gorgeous! Have a great day and a Happy Easter! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Darnell said...

I'll bet this is really bright and vibrant in person, Cat! I love it! You are so sweet to make thank you cards for birthday cards! I received my darling owl thank you couple in my Happy Mail today and just love how they look on kraft! Mwah! Darnell

Barb Ghig said...

What a beautiful thank you card, Cat! Your bloom is so pretty...I love the bold, bright colors, and your die cut inlaid sentiment is fabulous! Your friend is sure to love this card!

Anita in France said...

Bold, vibrant and deliciously shimmery, Cat ... the platinum sentiment is perfect with that bold bloom! Hugs, Anita :)

Martha said...

WOW, Cat, this is simply beautiful.
I love it! Beautifully designed.