Thursday, February 5, 2015

Valentine Fusion

Count down, now I need 6 more valentines, there will be several posts today.  This one was inspired by the current Fusion Challenge Heartful. I loved both the sketch and all the hearts, some metallic and sparkly.


I had saved several of the interior hearts from a recent cutting of Simon Says Stamp's Heart Parade.  I picked out a few sizes, covered a couple in washi tape. I wanted a red card base, but I wanted that red in the center circle as well, so I made a vellum overlay for the card with a circular opening.  Inside that hearts were placed with foam tape, and some sequins were added as well.






The interior has the sentiment, Valentine's greetings.

Have you finished your Valentine Cards?  Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies: Vellum- Stampin Up, Papers - DCVW, Unknown Washi Tapes, Simon Says Stamp Sequins.



10 comments:

Cathy said...

Fabulous card, great take on the challenge, Cathy x

Laura Norris said...

Okay - I love this one too!! You are rocking the Valentine cards!

Greta said...

Wowzer--absolutely wonderful card for the challenge, Cat!

Leslie Hanna said...

I LOVE the idea of the vellum layer to tone down the red. I'm totally going to steal that!

And, um, no. I do not send valentines. Please send a few extra for me, okay?

Michelle said...

Lovely! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

~amy~ said...

Great take on the challenge...love all those hearts!
Thanks for playing along with us at FUSION!

SmilynStef said...

Love all of those fun little hearts ... so glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

SmilynStef said...

Love all of those fun little hearts ... so glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

Leslie Hanna said...

Congratulations on your honorable mention!

Greta said...

Hurrah! Big congrats on a well-deserved HM at Fusion!