Friday, February 13, 2015

Retro Sketches 152

Arrrrrgh...matey those masculine birthday cards are just sometimes so difficult. Or maybe it is just me that is difficult, that I have to tear up a card 4 times and finally it is deemed okay.  This card was a trial...with many errors...but I finally like the finished product. The layout is based on the latest Retro Sketches challenge

I used my favorite masculine stamp set from Stampin Up The Open Sea, some burlap ribbon, some hemp cord, a ships wheel die from MFT, and a notebook page die from PTI, and some heat embossing.


Do you sometimes struggle with a card and become determined to see it through?  I usually just toss them and go for something completely different. Not sure why I dug my heals in on this one.

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

You just described my stamping LIFE. I struggle a lot, which is why I work on 1/4 sheets of white card stock. That way I destroy less card stock. And after 3 or 4 tries, I put it aside and move on to something else. Sometimes I come back to it, and sometimes I don't. I'm sure it has to do with the phases of the moon, or something.

Greta said...

Have to admit I usually just give it up & start over when it doesn't work at first, but sometimes it's truly worth the effort to stay with it--as proven by this wonderful card! I just love it, Cat!

Barb Ghig said...

Masculine b-day cards don't seem to be a problem for you...this is fabulous, Cat! I love your sailor's knot and the color combo is perfect for a guy!