Friday was a "play day" over at Watercolor for Card Makers, and I started out with one of the techniques shown by Mr. Tim Holtz, but then went off on a tangent...not a bad tangent .
The technique was mono printing. Taking various mini distress ink pads and inking up a stencil, then spritzing it with water and smooshing it into a piece of watercolor paper. The open spaces should be highlighted.
I think I did not use enough ink on the rays stencil, so I did it again over the top. Still not happy with the result, I sprayed the entire surface with water. No image, but boy did I love the background of mustard seed and dried marigold I ended up getting, one can almost see the rays if you squint just right. So on to plan B.
My second favorite class, was the Stencil class and I was itching to use some embossing paste again. My panel was not 100% dry, so the white embossing paste picked up some color. I used another TH Stencil, Bubbles for the dots, just placed the embossing paste on opposite corner areas of the card and left it to dry... no really, I left it alone...no glitter, no heat gun.
I went on to try another technique, coloring on vellum. I stamped my image in black, then on the backside used derwernt inktense pencils to color the image. I used a bit of water to spread it about, as my blender pen had dried up! Water gives vellum an interesting texture. It was all warpy...but I was going to make this work. I fussy cut the image and embraced the non flat structure of the sunflower. I mounted it on to the front of my watercolor piece with clear foam and then added an edge punched strip and some gold thread and a feel better sentiment from the same Lawn Fawn stamp set as the flower. All was adhered to a card base to complete the card.
It was so much fun playing and I love where my piece ended up. This one probably won't go into my notebook except as a photograph...it really needs to be mailed to someone who needs cheering up.
Thanks for stopping by, and have a play date!