Saturday, June 1, 2013

Red White & Blue

Red White & Blue by Cat Craig
Red White & Blue, a photo by Cat Craig on Flickr.
I made this for Kim's scramble at the Hero Arts Flickr group. We were to use the colors of our flag, use at least one Hero Arts stamp or digi, complete photograph and upload our card to the scramble thread in 90 minutes.

I am in the USA, so red white and blue were my colors. I stamped Old Letter writing in versamark, white embossed it, added red grosgrain ribbon across the front with a HUGE red bow. I finally opened up Tall Flowers, stamped them in HA Navy ink, colored in a few of the flowers with a red marker.

Some flower centers were covered with blue sequin pieces, and other with white enamel accents. Two spellbinder dies, one to cut the flowers into an oval, and one for the scalloped edge. The center image was adhered with 1/4 inch foam dots. All was layered onto a Neenah aspen white 120lb card stock base. Thanks for looking.
/\ /\
(=';'=)
(")_(")~

4 comments:

joy said...

LOVE this card, Cat! That is one of my favorite stamps and I like that you used an oval die to cut it out. The navy ink is so pretty. too! Great job.

Maria said...

Gorgeous! Love the flowers and text background!

Martha said...

WOW, this card is simply BEAUTIFUL, Cat!
It's one of my favorites by you.
Everything about it draws me in. I love it!

MS said...

Oh this is so fun! I love the huge red bow and how you stamped the flowers in navy. Totally gorgeous!