Sunday, June 23, 2013

Tiles?

Hi, I am so excited about this project. It's not a card.  Back in January I started out with big plans to change out my six slot photo tray each month, and I kept it up for about 3 months...you can see the posts here and here.  But sadly my tray has been neglected since April, I took the March items out and simply had no idea where to go next, so empty it sat. 

Today, rather yesterday (it's about 2:30 am EDT on Sunday) I watched Julie E's video over on YouTube on Die Cut Impression Embossing. She made the CUTEST tile. I LOVED it.  You can watch the video at YouTube, just type in Die-cut impression embossing.  It is so easy to follow, I encourage you to watch it. It involves some masking, making an impression with your die, some inking, and lots of heat embossing.

The project called for Inchie Art Squares, I have no clue what they are...but I did have some thick chipboard, which I covered with white cardstock, and I went to work.  I made one following her directions, and was so happy with the out come I made 2 more.  After making dinner, I decided I needed 3 more tiles and I would fill my long neglected photo tray with the tiles. Not month specific, but ART to look at and enjoy until I get tired of it. (like that is going to happen, these tiles are so darned cute.) 

First pictures of the individual tiles, then a shot of them in their new home...I found some blue wood grained paper (on the B side of a sheet I had purchased for the floral pattern) for a background. Sounds odd I know, but it looks perfect to me.



Thanks for indulging me, have a wonderful day.

 /\  /\
(=';'=)
(")_(")~~Cat
 
Supplies:
Chipboard, glue, white cardstock, dies (memory box, my favorite things, and hero arts) stamps (hero arts)
Inks(versamark, Brilliance (gold, perlescents(poppy, coral, blue sky, lime green) versafine (onyx black)) 
Embossing powder-Detail Clear Hampton Art and embossing enamel-Stupendous Clear, Masking Paper, 
Patterned paper (My Little Shoebox)

2 comments:

Martha said...

Cat, what a FABULOUS project! I love...love...love...what you've done! The colors are SO pretty. It's just a BEAUTIFUL work-of-art! AND an added bonus, you can admire it at all times! Beautifully done!

Yes, I also enjoyed that video by Julie E.

MS said...

oh wow! those are gorgeous! I saw that video in my stream but have not watched it yet. the final tray is amazing! so light and breezy!