Thursday, March 28, 2013

March Card Chain Challenge


http://dominodebi.typepad.com/.a/6a00e5500662808833017d41729484970c-pihttp://dominodebi.typepad.com/.a/6a00e5500662808833017ee8e66bb0970d-pi










This month I am sending my card to New Jersey. I chose to use the sketch(loosely) and the color palette(as close as I could get).

The flower petals were first heat embossed with the Hero Arts envelope pattern stamp, then die cut with the Sizzix tattered florals die.

The card base was dry embossed with the Stampin Up Hexagon embossing folder. 

A piece of kraft was stamped with the Hero Arts Houndstooth background stamp in Memento Gold ink. I then clear embossed it. Three slim strips were cut. The remainder of the piece was dry embossed with the hexagon folder then I cut several center pieces out. These pieces were randomly placed on the embossed card base. 

A sentiment from Hero Arts was stamped in gold and attached to the card front with a brad.  The flower was put together with another brad.

Thanks for stopping by.
 /\  /\
(=';'=)
(")_(")~~Cat

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Love it! I am crazy for houndstooth and hexagons!

Martha said...

Hi, Cat! What a beautiful card you've created!
I love the pretty flower & the hexagons!
Beautifully done!

Melinda Spinks said...

What a pretty card. Love the look of the slight sheen to your cardstock and your use of gold. Just wonderful!