Friday, June 23, 2023

06-23-23

 Hello-

Today I am happy to be guest designing along with the talented team at CAS on Friday.  Thank you so much for inviting me.

The theme for challenge #260 is LOVE.  I happened to have a sweet set from The Greetery that was a perfect fit called Lovely Silhouettes.  


I started by inking inside a masked rectangle, once I had the color saturation I wanted, I let it dry. While it was drying I stamped the sentiment from the set and die cut the Love.  I glued the two together.  Once the panel was dry, I heat embossed the silhouette flower stem. I added the sentiment on foam, and decorated  with 3 color glass half beads.


For your blog 

Head on over to see what the design team has created for the challenge.  

Thanks for stopping by!

 

PS-

I decided to share this on my GD post, since the themes are the same.  Hubs and I took a few days off to celebrate our anniversary in May...but our trip was delayed til last week. We went on a love sign treasure hunt in Virginia along both coasts which included a 17 mile bridge and tunnel drive to Virginia's eastern shore.  Below are some pictures from that trip. Hubs likes steam era train history and of course there were a few museums for him along the way. We did see some wild ponies in the distance along with egrets and herons while on Chincoteague Island. We've seen about 50 or so of the 340+ loveworks signs since we first started searching for them 8 years ago.  It was a ton of driving, but we enjoyed our "treasures hunt".






 


11 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

CAS perfection Cat...LOVE it!! And LOVE the LOVE signs...is that a Virginia/West Virginia thing?? How fun to go hunting for all of them!! Hugs. :0)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous love card, Cat - love that sentiment with those blossoms! OMG though, what fab signs - thanks for sharing!! Made me smile!!

HilaryJane said...

Congrats on your GD spot. I love that white embossing on the bold pink background, such wonderful contrast. I am glad you enjoyed a happy anniversary break. what a very special thing to do. I don't think we have any love signs over here, but I might be wrong. Thanks for sharing the pictures xx

Jean said...

Gorgeous CAS card and what a fun idea to have a "LOVE" hunt!

Leslie Miller said...

Such a pretty card, Cat! Beautifully balanced and clean, your CAS mega-skills at work. Perfect for your guest designer spot. Interesting about the love signs. It's a thing? There's nothing like it here, but I sure do love the idea. They're all so creative!

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats on guesting, Cat, your card is CAS prettiness! LOVE all of the LOVE signs. What a fun adventure this must be to search them out!

Bonnie said...

This is the sweetest card, Cat! Love the hot pink with the simple flower and fantastic Love sentiment! Thanks for sharing the photos. Sounds like a fun trip and some wonderful scenery. Who knew there was so much love out there!

TK said...

Speaking of love, I love this card, Cat! The die is so pretty as is your inked background and embossed flower

I Card Everyone said...

Thanks for sharing both this lovely card, and your fun journey of LOVE - what a great idea! I had no idea there were so many love signs!

Loll said...

Your card is lovely, Cat ... well named stamp! So pretty with the deep pink background --- I do love pink! :) And what a fantastic way to celebrate your anniversary. Amazing ways to show the LOVE. xx

Greta said...

Just browsing your blog & had to stop & say how much I enjoyed seeing your LOVE sign pictures. What a fun anniversary, although I no longer have the patience for lots of driving! Sorry I haven't visited for so long. My goal is a better routine for blog visiting when I've recovered from shoulder surgery. Thanks for your continued friendship, Cat--so appreciated!