Saturday, October 1, 2022

10-1-22

WOW, how did it become October so fast?

For those of you in the path of Ian, hope you made it through the storm with little or no damage sending prayers and good thoughts.

 

Its a special day today, the first Saturday in October - World Card Making Day... 

Peggy and I are face-timing making some cards to celebrate the day. 


The first card I tackled was inspired by both Can You Handle the Pressure and Tic Tac Toe Challenges.

The card panel was dry embossed with the Stampin Up EF Layered Leaves.  I added fall colors of orange,  yellow, red and green to the embossed areas. To finish I added a sparkling copper ribbon from SU as well, and die cut a SSS sentiment which was mounted on vellum and adhered to the ribbon. A few copper gems and this one was finished. For Tic Tac Toe I used the upper row, for Can You Handle the Pressure the theme was embossing folder with a twist of leaves.

Please Grab Our Badge   


Have you seen the colors at Color Throwdown?  Wow so eye catching so you know I had to play along.

The pumpkins are from Lawn Fawn dies, I added a sparkling blue ribbon over a cream one. The cardbase is cream, and the focal panel is kraft.

  

I think its time for lunch, I can smell the chili I put on this morning.  I'll probably still make a few cards later on, we'll see.

Enjoy your day.

Thanks for visiting.



14 comments:

Jean said...

Two terrific seasonal cards! Happy October!

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, your first card is so soft and pretty with the brushed on ink and vellum sentiment. Your second card is cute and simple and perfect for the color challenge. I didn't realize it was World Card Making Day but I did finish a couple of cards this morning. It's so beautiful outside I have to be out there. Today got a little too hot, though, and I had to come in. I love fall!

Bonnie said...

What a fun way to celebrate World Cardmaking day, Cat! Love your embossed and colored leaves and the detail on the pumpkins is amazing! Great use of ribbon too!

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful autumn colors! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.

HilaryJane said...

I am so pleased to hear you have had a good card making session with Peggy, I am looking forward to seeing what else you made as these two are fabulous. Love the soft inking on the embossed card and those amazing colours on your fall card xx

I Card Everyone said...

Good for you getting some play time in with your friend on WCMD! Loving your dabs of Autumn colors on these embossed leaves, Cat! Now you know how I feel about blue? YOU found the perfect way to add a touch to your sweet little pumpkins!
Our weather was glorious for the first weekend of October - as much as I wanted to play, my windows were in dire need of a pre-Winter wash. Not as much fun - but it does feed great having them done!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Looks like you had a very productive WCMD on Saturday Cat...both cards are FABULOUS!! Hugs. :0)

Darlene said...

LOVE that fall leaves folder and your coloring on it is AMAZING! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
Can You Handle the Pressure
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous cards and I'm so glad you were able to do some cards for WCMD! For me maybe next year!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous pair of fall card, Cat - love the embossing on card one and the cute pumpkins on card two!!

TK said...

Great cards with great fall colors! Love the inking on the e/f card

papierelle said...

Your first card is so stunning!! Love it. And the suit choice for the second card is a little out of the ordinary, but that's what makes it so appealing. Very nicely done!!

Lisa Elton said...

Two perfectly lovely fall cards!

Greta said...

You made great use of WCMD, Cat! Beautiful cards & love the ribbons you used! What brand is your cream cardstock? It looks less yellow than mine & I can't seem to find any that color.