Saturday, September 11, 2021

Happiest of Birthdays

 Hi There.

I will never forget where I was when I first heard of the bombings on the radio in my car...or where I was when I saw the first images of the horror...at a client's location.  I won't forget how the nation came together on September 12th.  Sadly it took less than 20 years for that unity to devolve.

Today, I made a card for both Freshly Made Sketches and The Color Throwdown.  These two challenges together give you a design and a color combo. The rest should be easy...

 


 I used the SSS Autumn Splendor die (snatched up from clearance) cut several times and stacked.  Initially I used the panel and the outline as a mask to add color in the open spaces of the die.

                 

 

Thanks very much for stopping by!

15 comments:

Jen Brum said...

This is such a beautiful card! Those colours are so rich and vibrant! Some of my favourites! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful use of the colors and sketch, Cat - love your leafy bouquet!! Yeah, sad day yesterday, remembering all that happened...

Jean said...

Wonderful combination for the sketch and color challenges!

Leslie Miller said...

Autumn splendor on a card! This is so strikingly beautiful, Cat! I will never forget where I was, either. I was getting ready for work when my son called and said to turn on the TV. It's achingly sad what happened then, and what is happening to us now.

Vickie Z said...

Great use of the sketch and colors!! Love how you used the die as a stencil! So happy you joined us at CTD!

papierelle said...

Stunning autumn card!!!

Mac Mable said...

Striking Autumnal card, love the contemporary style and the orange card base look stunning Cat x.

I Card Everyone said...

Cat, I adore this die cut cluster of leaves! What a find - and you've added these colors so beautifully.

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous colors on these leaves, Cat! Love the stacked die cut that makes it look like stained glass!

Amy O said...

This is beautiful! It looks like stained glass. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

HilaryJane said...

What a beautiful card, those colours really are spectacular together. Yes, that was one of those occasions where you will always remember what you were doing. I was in my car driving to my daughters graduation ceremony xx

Wanda Cullen said...

Such a gorgeous combo of the sketch and the colors! So glad you joined us at CTD!

TK said...

Beautiful! Fall colors are gorgeous but you've managed to improve them somehow

Betty said...

wonderful autumn card, Cat!

Greta said...

I've had the same thoughts regarding how we came together after the attacks no matter who we had voted for. Now it's hard to believe I live in the same country. Thank goodness our generation wasn't here when WWII happened. Can only imagine the chaos! Officials praising the capitol rioters makes me want to scream! Your card is gorgeous, my friend!