Monday, March 1, 2021

Paper Hugs

 Hi there.

I am back with my March Case.  I've seen a lot of cards using color to enhance those fabulous 3D embossing folders.  The first to catch my eye was this by Yana Smakula.  Betty created a beauty with this one. Yana used a white ink pad to add color to her version, Betty added perfect pearls powder. 


Light toned copics were used to add color.  This was fun. Folder used is Altenew's Flowers and Leaves.  I did spritz my paper with a touch of water first.  I got nice deep impressions with thicker card stock, and I got two panels when I used thinner (80lb) cardstock and inadvertently used two panels while embossing. They were also nice and deep. The sentiment die is from Simon Says Stamp.  

Thanks so much for visiting.



16 comments:

papierelle said...

Love it with the delicate colors!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So pretty in the pinks and greens, Cat - love this version of the Flower & Leaves!!

Betty said...

thanks for the shout out, Cat - and what a great idea to use those soft copics for your lovely card - I'll have to give that a go!

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Cat!! Love the soft tones and that incredible embossing folder...need to check that out!! :0)

Jean said...

Fabulous technique - the die-cut sentiment works perfectly!

Darnell said...

Another beautiful CASE, Cat! I just love the soft colors and deep texture! Hugs, Darnell

Tracey McNeely said...

Cat your version turned out beautifully! I just love that embossing folder and the pale pink is so pretty!

Anita in France said...

Soft, dreamy and so wonderfully texture-y, Cat ... the pastel colours are just gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

GORGEOUS, Cat! I love the pastels you've used - very Spring-y!
I have the ef that Betty used, so thanks for sending us over!
=]

Bonnie said...

An awesome technique, Cat! Thanks for the links! I love your paper hug!

HilaryJane said...

Love this one Cat, the soft pink and green colours work so well together and that is a stunning embossing folderxx

Crafting with Jeanne said...

A beautiful card! That's an incredible dry embossing which you have enhanced with such lovely pale color. Super card project.

TK said...

Cat, this is lovely. I had not seen this technique yet, but results are gorgeous

Mac Mable said...

Ohhhh this is such a beautiful and stunning card with a fabulous technique Cat x.

Leslie Miller said...

This is absolutely delightful, Cat!! The colors, the embossing, the large "paper hugs" die -- perfect!

Greta said...

Oh wow--so, so beautiful, Cat!