Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Crafting with Michele

 Hello-

Today, I had a playdate with Michele of I Card Everyone.  We connected through a messenger chat room and spent a couple of hours crafting and chatting. It was fun catching up.

We decided on floral cards and each used different stamps.  I settled on an old favorite Uniko's Gebera Daisy.  I simply love the profile stamp in this set.  Its impactful and easy to color.  I made two cards while we were chatting, and a few more after we finished basically similar but different colors to add to my Thank you card stash.


On this card the right and left centerline blooms are stamped on the card, the top center, lower left and right blooms were fussy cut and adhered with foam dots. Same treatment for the sentiment.  I used YG23 for the stems, and R17 and R29 for the flowers. Very simple and fast coloring.

For this card the upper left bloom and middle right bloom were stamped on the panel. The two lower left blooms were stamped and fussy cut after coloring.  The bit on the upper right is the trimmed bit from the middle left flower.  I do like off the page florals, somehow they feel more abundant.  I had no sentiment that fit in that box nearby so I hand wrote it with a sharpie.

If you haven't already go see Michele's gorgeous cards here.

Thanks much for visiting.



15 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

So stunning, Cat! It's an all-star set - yes, I'm still waiting for that 'button-hole' die!
Your visitors really need to click on those photos to get the full impact of how gorgeous your designs, and coloring are, my friend! These reds are still my favorite, but so beautiful in any color!
Had a blast coloring/stamping/chatting with you!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Both of your cards are absolutely GORGEOUS Cat!! I love how you stamped a few on the card base and then added the fussy cut ones...so much depth to your little garden when you do that!! And thank you so much for the lovely Easter card...totally made my day getting happy mail! Hugs. :0)

Hannelie said...

I love the way you used the Uniko gerbera!so beautiful!

Betty said...

looks like had a really fun time crafting with Michelle plus turning out two gorgeous cards!

Jean said...

Both are gorgeous - sounds like a wonderful way to spend your day!

Greta said...

Beautiful coloring, Cat! Love how you stamped some blooms & fussy cut others--great designs!

HilaryJane said...

These are amazing, I love them all. How many did you make as I am sure I saw some different colourways on Instagram. That was definitely a very productive session you had and all that fussy cutting too! xx

Bonnie said...

Wow! These gerbera daisies are gorgeous Cat! Two awesome cards!

TK said...

Beautiful daisies, and gorgeous colors -- these are really fantastic, Cat!

papierelle said...

Oh wow, your flowers are stunning and your design makes it look very lively!!!

Mac Mable said...

You must have had such a fun playdate with Michele? x. Both cards are absolutely beautiful and your designs and colouring look fabulous Cat x. Stunners, both of them x.

Tracey McNeely said...

I saw these on IG and they are just stunning!

Anita in France said...

The Uniko gerbera is a beauty, Cat ... and you've made it look so gorgeous on both cards ... they're fantastic! How fun for you and Michele to spend some crafty time together ... I'm full of admiration that you can both create and chat at the same time ... not something I can do! Hugs, Anita :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love what you did with those daisies, Cat - great coloring and fussy cutting!!

Helen F. said...

The Gerber Daisies are gorgeous on both cards, Cat. Always love your beautiful coloring, especially on one of my favorite flowers! :-)