Thursday, April 19, 2018

Happy Birthday Rose

Afternoon!

This card is sliding in under the wire at one of two challenges.  Today I am playing with Just Us Girls - Black and white stripes and Seize the Birthday-Vibrant Colors are the toppings. These are definitely not pastels.

I was in such a hurry to get this in. I had cut just one leaf, then decided another was needed and I reversed the layers...well I am going with it.  The left leaf is in shadow. ;-)

Its mostly die cuts, Rose and leaves from Altenew, Horizontal striped frame from Avery Elle, Sentiment from SSS.

 

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Betty said...

never would have known you reversed the leaves - love the black and white with the yellow rose - really pretty card Cat!!

I Card Everyone said...

I've yet to add this wonderful Rose to my die collection ... you're making it too beautiful to resist, Cat! A gorgeous card!
=]

Lin said...

Oh so pretty, Cat - the black makes these yellows even brighter! Gorgeous!

Greta said...

Uh oh--that rose die looks really neat, too! Gorgeous card, Cat--the different leaves are kinda neat!

Jean said...

A dazzling combination!

Helen F. said...

The black and white stripes with that bold yellow rose is stunning!
PS: I would not have thought those leaves were not done this way on purpose. :-)

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous bold yellow against those striking black and white stripes, Cat ... who would've known aout the leaves had you not mentioned it ... not me! Hugs, Anita :

Barbara said...

Refreshing vibrant yellow on the black and white stripes, and so classy! Love your design. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday. Hope to see you again.
Barbara DT member

Barb Ghig said...

I really love your rose and your color combo is stunning, Cat! Another gorgeous card!