Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Inspired by all the Little Things 70

Hi All~

It has been ages since I sat in my craft room to actually craft. I returned from California, my trip had been extended unexpectedly due to my Dad's health.  All is good now, so I was able to return home. 

Hubs had been battling a cold and within a day and a half of being home I came down with it.  I am on day 10 and am finally feeling better. I have graduated to clothing instead of jammies and blankies, but still lots of naps. 

Today I finished cleaning up my crafty space - I left it in a disaster while packing for my trip. I always have good intentions to leave it clean but that almost never happens.  Maybe for the next trip.


So on to the challenge - Have you see this fabulous graphic over at Inspired by All the little Things?
I knew if I felt better in time, this would be my first card and challenge once I was back to it. I was inspired by the bids of blue peeking through and the leaves. I imagine it all sitting on a rustic picnic bench.

Here is my card:


The leaves are from Penny Black, my friend Greta had sent me some and I loved them so much I had to add the die to my collection. The sentiment comes from Simon Says Stamp and the wood plank stamp is my favorite from Stampin Up.

Thanks so much for visiting!



12 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Glad you are are the mend now, Cat. Some colds are vicious aren't they. Your card is a total beauty, and I love the colour palette you've chosen, Jo x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Welcome home Cat! Sorry to hear you and hubs been unwell, but pleased to hear you are on the mend! Great interpretation of the inspiration photo! Take care and I hope you are fully recovered soon! Have a lovely day! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Betty said...

this is brilliant, Cat - looks like a winner to me! i had the flu shot about 10 days ago and by that nite had a sore throat and a cold. glad you're on the mend!!

I Card Everyone said...

Cat, I have caught Tom's cold! but I feel better knowing you feel better!
I'm so intrigued by this challenge photo... you've captured it so beautifully... xx
=]

Misty Elam said...

Oooh, I LOVE what you did with this. That pop of blue is divine.

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

Barb Ghig said...

Another beautiful autumn-themed card, Cat! I love your choice of leaves and the woodgrain background is fabulous!
I hope you continue to feel better...take as many naps as you need, my friend...they always help :)

Greta said...

Wowzer, Cat! What a first card to make--it's stunning! Would you believe I haven't made a card with that die, but I want to now! Perfect use of the inspiration! Hope you've entered this for SSS Flickr.

Sheri Gilson said...

Wonderful take on the inspiration! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Inspired By All The Little Things!

Anita in France said...

Good to hear you're feeling better, Cat ... and can enjoy crafting again! Those little leaves are such a great addition to the woodplank background ... a brilliant take on the inspiration! Hugs, Anita :)

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE the simplicity! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By!

Darnell said...

Sorry I'm so late in coming by to see this, Cat! It is such a pretty take on that awesome fall photo inspiration! I'm so glad you are finally feeling better and back in your craft room!! Hugs, Darnell