Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Happy Birthday

My bestie's Birthday is in May.  I always want to make a special card for her. She is the best friend anyone could want.  She and I have known each other since 1974, when I first moved to California as a barely teen. She is and has always been a fabulous friend. The most difficult part of living on opposite sides of the country is not being able to hop in the car and grab some time together face to face; we make do with frequent phone calls.  She loves pink...so I have to incorporate it. 


This is actually the second coloring of this stamp for the birthday card. My first version I tried over-stamping with my misti...but I must have moved it a sixteenth of an inch...just enough to create blur on the outlines.  At first I was completely irritated with myself...but then I decided I wasn't overly fond of the original petunia shades instead of a light pink they were more light lavender.  So a new card stamped and colored and I got this version. I also added some blue-green leaves to the second version.  I so love this one! Hard to see but there are a few clear sparklie nuvo dots around the bouquet from Wplus9. The sentiment is from Concord and 9th, the die is Lawn Fawn, and the card base is Stampin Up.

I am adding this floral birthday card to two challenges:  Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes, and Always Fun Challenges #4 - Flowers. 


Now that first card panel...I wish I had photographed it but I did not.  I did manage to fix it enough to use in a die cut though. A black sharpie to make the blurred lines a thick outline did the trick.  It was late, and I managed to adhere everything to my clear embossed card base which I had stamped upside down.  No more do overs on this card...its gonna be mailed as is. The hearts and dots are so small it is not really noticeable.

Thanks so very much for stopping by!

9 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

I LOVE both of these gorgeous cards Cat! A great save with the second card, such a creative way to save that gorgeous panel! Your friend is sure to love it too! Have a great day! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Lin said...

Lovely, Cat! This stamp is on my list, and I love it done in these pretty pinks!

Greta said...

You so nailed special for your friend, Cat! Being a lover of pink myself, I give her card an A++! What a great save for the second card & had to laugh about the upside down stamping as I've done that more than once! Gotta try your die cutting--just love those floral word die cuts you've made!

I Card Everyone said...

Is this the ever elusive Wplus9 set? OH how gorgeous, and your friend is loving it now, and will save it forever!
=]

Colleen said...

I love that stamp and I love how you colored it, the frame is so pretty for it too! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Barb Ghig said...

Two gorgeous cards, Cat! Your bestie is sure to LOVE the beautiful card you created for her...it's so special! Great idea to use your die cut alphas on the 2nd card...it works perfectly with the sweet background!

Anita in France said...

A beautiful bouquet of gorgeous WP9 blooms, Cat ... lovely colouring ... and brilliant use of your ooops card too! Hugs, Anita :)

Jaana said...

So pretty! I love that Petunia stamp, nice colouring!

Cathy said...

Love these colours, so pretty, Cathy x