Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Set of Note Cards

One recent crafty Tuesday, I watercolored these cards.  The stamp image is from WPlus9 - Beautiful Bouquets-Dahlia's.  My Mom used to have Dahalia's and Zinnia's in the garden during summer time. I loved the bold colors and the tight petaled blooms.

This is a super fun set to color.  I got out my finally and newly aquired peerless watercolors and went to work filling in spaces that were left after the image was heat embossed.

I cut the images out using Spellbinders A2 Distressed Die, and mounted them on to Michaels cream colored 110lb card stock.  I don't like mounting watercolor paper on white bases.  I added a few sequins in similar colors or clear depending on what I had on hand, and then used a bit of Spectrum Noir's sparkle pen in clear to add some shimmer.



No sentiments for the fronts...Truthfully, I have no idea where to put them.  No worries, these will make great note cards.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

7 comments:

Lin said...

These make a lovely set of cards, Cat! They need no sentiments.

Betty said...

beautiful set of cards - gorgeous coloring - are you home yet?

Jean said...

Absolutely fantastic! I like that Spellbinders die choice - perfect touch. And no sentiment needed!

I Card Everyone said...

Forget the sentiments, Cat, they are totally frame-able!! xx

Becca Cruger said...

So lovely! The whole set gives off such a vibrant SPLASH of color! I agree with you about the sentiments - now these cards can be perfect for any occasion! I'm sorry I've been such a bad bloggy friend of late, the month of June snuck away from me somehow, but I'm working to fix it!

Greta said...

Great note cards indeed--love these, Cat! Beautifully watercolored! Do you like the Spectrum Noir better than WOS?

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous watercoloring, and perfect note cards, Cat! I love all the summery colors you chose, too!