Thursday, January 14, 2016

Get well season

Seems like people all around are getting the sniffles or worse.  I have quite a few get well, feel better type cards to make.  This one was inspired by the Fusion Card Challenge.

 

I went with the photo inspiration.  I grabbed two A Muse sets Pretty Peonies and Everyday Greetings and went to work.  I added in the Hero Arts tweed pattern stencil as well.


I used inks by Simon Says Stamp - Green Leaf, Duckling, and Hero Arts Inks Butter bar, Lemon yellow, Bubblegum and a mis-died Passion flower (the correct color is more purple instead of the light pink) Versafine Onyx Black.  Each of the darker flowers is winked up with clear Wink of Stella, and a few tiny gems were added as well.

Thanks much for stopping by!


11 comments:

Betty said...

this is so gorgeous,Cat - your soft colors are so pretty

I Card Everyone said...

Really very beautiful! LOve those blooms - nearly Ranunculus, perhaps Peonies? By any name: gorgeous!
=]

Martha said...

OH MY, Cat, this is simply gorgeous.
Love the pretty colors of the flowers.
And the addition of yellow really makes it pop.
Beautifully done!

Greta said...

Love the flowers, use of the stencil, tiny gems--everything! This is beautiful, Cat!

Jean said...

A perfect take on the challenge image!

Lynn said...

The detail on the flowers is so soft and beautiful! Thanks so much for playing with us at Fusion!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, this is GORGEOUS, Cat! I love how you layered the Peonies and your color combo is perfect! I also love how you placed your stencil, too! You did such a great job on this challenge!

Michelle said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

Jeanne J. said...

Cat you captured the inspiration perfectly! I love the pop of yellow and your pretty flowers! Hugs!

Greta said...

Hurrah! A fusion shout-out & so well-deserved! Your work is being chosen all over & I'm so happy for you, Cat! Maybe I better CASE one of your beauties!

Darnell said...

I don't see how Fusion could NOT pick this card as an HM (if the winner!!) because of the way you have NAILED that photo inspiration so perfectly, Cat! This is magnificent!! Congratulations on the well-deserved HM! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell