Thursday, January 22, 2015

Create a background

I am joining in the Lawnscaping challenge once again.  The current challenge #98 is to create a background

I used the first Lawn Fawn stamp set I owned for the sentiment, and another favorite for the background.  I heat embossed in white the sunflowers on watercolor paper, then I added in color.  Once the panel was dry I trimmed it to fit an A2 card base.

For the sentiment, I cut a notebook paper shape, and added the sentiment, inked it with some distress ink and then embellished it with another sunflower and two leaves.  I added glossy accents and Wink of Stella to the embellishing flower and leaves.


You can click on the link above or the graphic below to be taken to the Lawnscaping challenge.

http://lawnscaping.blogspot.com/2015/01/lawnscaping-challenge-create-background_19.html


Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Water Color Paper - Canson
Water colors - Koi
Inks - Versamark, Hero Arts Cup O Joe, Distress Ink Wild Honey, Wink of Stella Clear
Stamps - Lawn Fawn - Hello Friend, Our Friendship Grows
Die - PTI - Spiral Notebook Page
Cardstock - Stampin Up - Whisper White, So Saffron
Glossy Accents, Stampin Up Dimensionals

5 comments:

Greta said...

You created a wonderful background, Cat! This beautiful card makes me think summer!

Samantha Casey said...

Beautiful card! I love the flower background you made they are so pretty! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
-Samantha

Kristi said...

Very beautiful! Great background!♥

Barb Ghig said...

WOW! Such a gorgeous background and I love the notebook page with the single sunflower...so pretty!

Samantha Mann said...

beautiful background! that watercoloring is SOOOOO pretty! and it is such a happy and summery feeling card!! perfect for us freezing this week, especially! ha ha!! anyway, just a beautiful card! thanks for playing along this week with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :D