Sunday, July 7, 2013

colors and sketch

I was so very lucky as June turned to July, I won a seat to Online Card Classes Summer Camp II via comment on The Daily Marker Blog.  Many heartfelt thanks to both Kathy and OCC.  I am thrilled to be able to join in this class. It just wasn't in my crafting budget to pay for the class.  Much to my surprise, I won a second seat the next day.  I was quick to respond and request that that seat be redrawn so that someone else could also enjoy this class.

I finally had some free time today, so I took a look at the site and worked on the two pre-class challenges. I've not had much mojo lately, I have been in a funk. My father called to let me know the family cat had disappeared. Ad's have been run, searches done, and shelters visited.  No Onyx. Since I have no evidence to the contrary, I am going to believe with my heart that he's found a friend and is off on a great adventure. He is in his mid-twenties in cat years, so adventure time it is. The cat door remains open, should his adventures bring back. Bon Voyage, mon Chat!

On to the cards. The first challenge was a color challenge, the colors are peachy, aqua, light grey, dark grey and white. We were to use at least 4 of the colors. I used scraps for the patterned papers, HA fresh peach ink for my card base edges, HA Thank you die,(-minus the Thank), fiskars small heart punch, and SSS you stamp set.

The second pre class challenge was a sketch challenge.  I followed it fairly closely, but used hexagons instead of circles. More paper scraps, HA Hexagon Stamps, Paper Smooches Sentiment, HA Inks, SU Embossing folder.
I'll be posting more "homework" cards as the class progresses.  Thanks for stopping by!

 /\  /\
(=';'=)
(")_(")~

1 comment:

Martha said...

Cat, congratulations, on your class win.
(WOW, since your name was drawn twice, I think it was meant to be!) ENJOY!
Your cards are DARLING! I love the pretty colors.