Monday, February 16, 2015

Big thanks

Today I have spent time packaging up stamps from my collection that I am selling. I haven't used them in quite a while and I am running out of storage space.  So hard as it is for me to let go, the time has come to thin out my collection.  I am also working on a project for hubs. When complete I will have use of all the space in my craft room/office/dressing room. Then I get to redecorate and make this room more functional for me.

So back to the sold stamps, I am including a little thank you note inside each package.  I am getting a lot of use out of the Casual Fridays stamp set Big Thanks that I bought used about a year ago. I also got out my We are Memory Keepers envelope punch board and made some cute little envelopes for my cards.

The size I wanted was not included on the punch board, but a bit of trial and error with printer paper was all it took to figure it out.  I will share those dimensions below.

Here are my cards to tuck in with the purchased stamps. I hope they bring a little smile to the recipients.

I have some medium weight small patterned papers that I got free with one of those British card making mags to make my little envelopes.  They end up measuring around 2.25 inches square. My little cards are 2 inches square.

I cut 2 inch strips from cardstock along the 8.5 inch side (5 strips make 10 cards), then trimmed the strips to 2 by 4 inches. I scored them to be top folding.  Next I stamped them with Versamark ink and added a coordinating embossing powder to match the envelope.  I made 8 of them with envelopes in about 20 minutes. In the photo each card is sitting on its respective envelope.

Envelope dimensions - cut a 4x4 inch square and score the first line at 2 inches.  If you want a slightly bigger envelope, a 4.5 by 4.5 inch square scored at 2-1/8th inches will give you an envelope to fit a 2.5 by 2.5 card.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Sally said...

These are great thank you notes, Cat! Love the pretty patterned papers and thanks for the envelope instructions. I'm sure the organizing/purging of the craft room is difficult, but oh what fun the redecorating will be! Looking forward to some photos!

Martha said...

Cat, what darling "BIG THANKS" mini-cards with pretty envelopes you've made.

How fun it will be to redecorate your craft room.

Martha said...

Cat, what darling "BIG THANKS" mini-cards with pretty envelopes you've made.

How fun it will be to redecorate your craft room.

Greta said...

Love your mini cards with the beautiful matching envelopes!

Leslie Hanna said...

What a great idea for the sentiment. I use an old SU scripty thanks, but I might switch up to use this one now.

Barb Ghig said...

What a lovely way to say 'Thank You', Cat! LOVE your envies so much, too!